News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Rally-X NES edition (b.b.car hack)  (Read 4458 times)

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
Re: Rally-X NES edition (b.b.car hack)
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 08:55:06 pm »
Well, I got good news... I finally found another version of Mi Hun Che! And yes, it's the one that does have copyright info!  :laugh:

There's actually one from Tawian and it's still glitchy.  :-\
There's another version of Mi Hun Che which contains a different style on the title, that one's glitchy too.  :-\

But still, looks like this game along with the hack might get some more love and attention someday.  :thumbsup:

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 09:58:39 pm »
I have the version where glitch does not occur!

The problem is that, when I try to modify this rom, the game crashes when we press start on the title screen, it is still possible to play, but it is necessary to wait for the game demo to appear, then hit start.
I believe that this is some kind of protection against alteration, which is unfortunate, as this version has more potential to result in a better rack.

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 08:54:53 pm »
More good news, I found BB Car! But after doing a ton of searching on the internet... I guess Qi Miao Che is nowhere to be found on the internet since it's literally the same game but with a different title. However, the one version of Qi Miao Che I found is all glitchy and even laggy when the game starts.   :-\

Hopefully I can find a version of Qi Miao Che, one that isn't glitchy, buggy, and laggy. But until then, my mission into finding the missing versions of Mi Hun Che is all done... for now (or probably for good).  :P

But anywho, I would love to see some more previews of how the rom-hack is doing so far.   :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:40:43 am by SuperStarFox »

Weasel-Weasel

• Hack on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 11:20:51 pm »
I really like the improvements you made, with the strong exception that you took the music out. I know a lot of people like it that way, but I don't too much, particularly. Do you think you could make another patch that would keep the music in for people like me that still want it? Many thanks in advance!

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2020, 11:21:49 am »
Hello Weasel-Weasel, my intention is to replace the BBCar music with that of Rally-X, but unfortunately it has not yet been possible.
But, if you like BBCar music, you can enable the sound yourself! open the game with FCEUX, then go to "Debug / Hex Editor" inside the editor, go to "View" and select "Rom File"
find position 1D00 and change byte 02 to 0f and you're done! :thumbsup:

Weasel-Weasel

• Hack on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2020, 12:24:08 pm »
Wow! Thanks for that! I'm actually on Android and had to use a hex editor app, but had no problem! Thanks again!

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2020, 01:16:43 pm »
I have the version where glitch does not occur!

The problem is that, when I try to modify this rom, the game crashes when we press start on the title screen, it is still possible to play, but it is necessary to wait for the game demo to appear, then hit start.
I believe that this is some kind of protection against alteration, which is unfortunate, as this version has more potential to result in a better rack.

Hi!  Were you able to correct the glitch?
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2020, 06:56:25 pm »
Hi Xander max
Unfortunately not yet. :-\
I need help with that.