News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [SOLVED][abcde/Atlas] Is it possible to batch import multiple files at once?  (Read 943 times)

Risae

• View Profile
Hi!

i have a small question:

is it actually possible to batch import a bunch of files using Atlas or abcde, instead of just one?
I currently have to manually import every file one by one, and having more than 50+ translated files in my project makes it kinda tedious to do so.
Does anybody know if i can put both the Atlas script texts and the original files into one folder and let Atlas do its magic?
Something like the re-import of quickbms?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:56:45 am by Risae »

Klarth

• View Profile
Re: [abcde/Atlas] Is it possible to batch import multiple files at once?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 04:50:37 pm »
Nothing built into Atlas, but you can create a single .bat file containing many individual runs of Atlas.

Risae

• View Profile
Re: [abcde/Atlas] Is it possible to batch import multiple files at once?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 11:56:29 am »
Thank you for your reply, i read a little bit about batch files and learned something new!
It works like a charm.

FAST6191

• View Profile
Hmm. So enough skills to seemingly make use of atlas in a real way but had not encountered batch files before. Curious.

Now it is not the first time I have met such a thing (we had a long topic around here about getting new people in and some people declared the command line the enemy and sought to lose it wherever they could precisely because the kids today seldom see it or get taught it) but it still makes me pause.

Might have to spin this into a bigger discussion, or at least a call for an addition to the list of things to tell newcomers as I would not be without my batch files be it in ROM hacking or computing in general.

Risae

• View Profile
To be honest i didn't have much experience with batch files before - abusing it to avoid the command line input was the only thing that i cared about and only after making my thread i realized that i never tried to just put an additional command on the next line and see if it works.

Taking a deeper look at batch files suddenly gives you a whole lot of new possibilities, which i believe would be really interesting for new people to know about (since most people use Windows and not Unix based systems, and are not familiar with the command line)

Things like have to use "" in order to use files that have spaces in it, or having to use the "pause" command for the command prompt not to magically vanish are 2 things which i think would be a good thing to know for newcomers.