News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SMB2 (JP) Crowned Edition hacks  (Read 1005 times)

Kazufox

• View Profile
SMB2 (JP) Crowned Edition hacks
« on: January 23, 2020, 08:11:51 pm »
Alright, so I'm in the middle of an SMB2 romhack following up the SMB1 Crowned Edition I did last year.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4331/

This will be of the Japanese Mario aka Lost Levels. Main thing will be it'll go with patching a regular SMB1 ROM so you don't have to worry about patching the FDS file.

But a few things first...

I won't have as many versions this time around as the previous hacks due to the high difficulty (7 skins + 4 special versions) but this time around that are bonus stuff. For example, I'll have a regular Crowned Edition and then also Mariette/Luigette versions.

Also will have an extra "Peach's Revenge" inclusions following up the previous hack's "Peach's Counterattack".

Now, there's a big thing about this game being dickish. Meaning to access worlds A-D you need to beat the game 8 times before you can get to it (A + Start). I found a way to hack the game so you can bypass the 8 time rule (still need the button press) or include codes that will let you jump to Worlds A-D once you beat the game at least once.

If you have other suggestions, please let me know and you can vote on it here: http://www.anonvote.com/strawpoll/wy26095ja

I look forward to your responses.

Kazufox

• View Profile
Re: SMB2 (JP) Crowned Edition hacks
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 08:30:55 pm »
Ok, so given the feedback, I'll be able to include some Game Genie codes that will allow you to start on World A as a bonus. Would like to mod it so you can select the level at the start, but not sure if that's really doable. If anyone does know, please let me know.

On a side note, should I consider adding in a Dark Bowsette (Bowsette playable) or Boosette (Luigi playable only)?

I plan on submitting this hack soon.

Neon Streetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 10:35:14 pm »
Excited for this hack. I’ve always wanted an NES rom for this game and having A-D available without beating it 8 times is a huge deal. I’ve stuck to the All-Stars version for those exact reasons but this would make it worth playing the original.

Tyrantnyx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:53:27 am »
Really looking forward to this, I played Lost Levels way more than SMB1 so I'm happy to have another reason to return to it. My vote is for adding a Boosette version.