News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Was Working on a Super Mario Bros 3 Hack. But.. Questions?  (Read 2305 times)

SkyLizardGirl

• Flooower
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Was Working on a Super Mario Bros 3 Hack. But.. Questions?
« on: January 19, 2020, 06:02:11 am »
So i was working on a Super Mario Bros 3 hack, 

I get locked out of editing the World map with different tools, so i would have to Make Every world map and finish them first before i could use them all and start building Levels to them all, way after.
But i screwed up on some the maps and some things were broken and would not function such as paths.

I was using older tools meaning 'i could not re-edit things again' after the first time on all the maps.

Also:

Stage 4 and 6 in world-1, for example: they Keep eating over each-other's graphics if i overdo the Level- designing.
I am having problems where if i try to edit levels 'the levels just eat-over another level' or erase another levels graphics i just created i mean.

Why is it so cryptic to edit SMB3 ??   

Did they ever fix this issue in the Newest Mario 3 editors?

(On the other hand, I have made a complete blaster master hack and none of the graphics 'Ate over' current data of the tiles i placed or rearranged when i completed making the entire game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:09:43 am by SkyLizardGirl »
-Blaster Master Hacker
-Learning, hacking Mario 3 currently

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Was Working on a Super Mario Bros 3 Hack. But.. Questions?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 05:21:49 pm »
This never happened to me when I'd hack SMB3, I used the map editor, Super Mario Bros. 3 workshop and the SMB3 text editor. Maybe you're having a problem with SMB3 because you're adding more enemies and objects, it'll spill on other levels in the game cause the game to be all crazy.

So yeah, don't add more enemies and objects in a level, that's bad but using less enemies and less objects is okay. I learned that when I did my SMB3 hack Super Wario Bros. 3.

See ya's. :D 

SkyLizardGirl

• Flooower
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Was Working on a Super Mario Bros 3 Hack. But.. Questions?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 04:02:58 am »
Thank you, that is really strange that this happens.

They've got to do something where the data doesn't do that in the editors.

I had the same problem in Zelda-2 Overworld map, the data would eat-itself because it's like the data wraps around or something while editing.
-Blaster Master Hacker
-Learning, hacking Mario 3 currently