I am currently creating a music hack of (Megaman and Bass GBA) using sappy. The way I was inserting my music was by putting track information onto free space in the rom and overwriting that songs header with the header from the custom song. After awhile of doing that I noticed sometimes it would overwrite other code needed for the game and now I'm a bit stuck; the issue isn't with the track data (or at least I don't think so) but with the header. When ever I used to insert a song it would play both in sappy and in the game, but now after putting the header onto free space in the rom the song play's in sappy but not in the game. The rom seems to always default to the non custom song when I load it up in an emulator for some reason. And I did mess with the header pointer to see if anything would happen and to no surprise nothing seemed to happen even when I got rid of the pointer completely the game acted as if nothing had happened. If anyone has any potential answers please let me know as I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this.
December 31, 2019, 12:46:17 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I fixed it and I explained how I did it on this forum https://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/24588/how-do-you-repoint-a-songs-header-using-sappy/