News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: What is a good website to request help with Java code  (Read 1719 times)

Zanerus

• View Profile
What is a good website to request help with Java code
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:31:54 pm »
So working away on my Saga Frontier patch that you person I was helping me however is and fortunately decided to move on from game hacking and we found a bug in his code that it's not fixed

So for whatever reason on the snake-oil version 12.1 check boxes on the character data tabs will not uncheck once they have been checked. I understand that has something to do with an array but I don't really know Java that well so I'm not sure where to begin to learn how to fix this

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Re: What is a good website to request help with Java code
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 03:37:53 pm »
Stack Overflow?

Zanerus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 04:56:33 pm »
 I'm only just starting to learn Java so I don't know entirely how it works but it looks like for multi write bits saga uses for known skills he used an array ad its writing to the game fine when checked but wont uncheck the box after being clicked. There are 546 check boxes for each character.

Each byte has 8 skills to it.

The solution I had in mind was just to have a uncheck all button but I don't know if that actually fixes the problem or not.

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 06:47:20 pm »
Since it's Java, I assume there's some onClickListener function that your programmer attached to the check-boxes to update the array you mentioned. You might start by looking for that section of code, and see if it's calling the check-box object's setSelected() function to be set to True. That would force the checkbox to always be checked when you click on it.

I'm a Java programmer, so I'd be happy to look over the code and provide feedback if you want.

Zanerus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 06:19:24 pm »
Soap on re-reading my first post I realized I poorly explained the situation at hand and basically anytime I would click off the window or close the window any checkbox that have been clicked on the character page would end up being re clicked even if I checked off of it which caused a bunch of issues as you can imagine. But while viewing the page it would show as if they were unchecked it's just every time I came back to it or when I actually implemented it into the disk image it would read incorrectly.

I think the issue is that it's not changing the array and just adding to it instead of subtracting because the edit text boxes are working just fine

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 07:05:30 pm »
Ah, thanks - your descriptions finally allowed me to replicate the issue. I think I know what it's doing now - I'll see if I can come up with a fix.