News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: This line makes no sense! - Famicom RPG Line  (Read 1931 times)

Polinym

• View Profile
This line makes no sense! - Famicom RPG Line
« on: November 23, 2019, 01:42:05 pm »
In LaSalle Ishii's Childs Quest, I've run across line that I just can't figure out!

「とれまんたこれたちんた
はまこけらぼ てかてやだだ
うー るりるり!

Context:
Hero the idol manager has heard of some lady who has dropped something in the snow. Hero goes to the snowy region and finds the lady above in a house. Later he finds the dropped item, the Indigo Oil, buried in a snow tile south of the house.

I've tried running it through Jisho.org (online Japanese-English dictionary), and I can't get anything useful out of any of the text. There aren't even any particles! It seems to be some sort of bizarre dialect. "Ruri" seems to be lapis lazuli, so she might be referring to the Indigo Oil somehow.

"Where are you going, soldier? Get back to the battle!" - Some Battlefront Clone
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqSB4xw29TTKlia5E0NYtQ

4l3j4ndr0

• Gameboy Color Rules!
    • View Profile
Re: This line makes no sense! - Famicom RPG Line
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 04:57:33 pm »
「とれまんたこれたちんた はまこけらぼ てかてやだだ うー るりるり!」

さわやかおつうじを持っていかないと何を言っているのかわからない

「ここから16こま南で、つるっと滑ったことがある。油でも落ちてるのかしらん?」

Polinym

• View Profile
Re: This line makes no sense! - Famicom RPG Line
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 05:20:55 pm »
どうもありがとう。このゲームすることがちょっときらいし、インタネットでインフォーメションがありませんし、日本語のエックスパートじゃないですし、コンテクストはムリです。
So that's what the Refreshing Bowel Movement is for. Huh. Good to know, thanks. : ) I think I may have misinterpreted some hints. I thought it was a healing item. Did you actually play through this whole thing? : O
"Where are you going, soldier? Get back to the battle!" - Some Battlefront Clone
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqSB4xw29TTKlia5E0NYtQ