News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: TINA'S ADVENTURE ISLAND 3 RELEASED!!!  (Read 916 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: TINA'S ADVENTURE ISLAND 3 RELEASED!!!
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:48:33 pm »

Update By: Zynk

This is a player sprite hack of Adventure Island 3 for the NES. This hack changes Master Higgins’ player sprites into his girlfriend Tina. There are 2 patches for each region release: US and JP.

Unsurprisingly, Adventure Island 3's sprite structure is similar to Adventure Island 2, but with new gameplay features, like the player can now duck down, a surfboard bonus game, a boomerang weapon - can be thrown upward, and an additional dinosaur - a triceratops named Poley, it does a rolling attack and does not sink in quicksand.

The US patch is compatible with the current level hacks for the game, but you have to play it on a specific emulator, like VirtuaNES.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

vhr2121

• Vincent Hernandez! Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
    • Vincent's Hidden Gaming Place
Re: ROM Hacks: TINA'S ADVENTURE ISLAND 3 RELEASED!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:05:29 am »
I have been waiting for this. Even though Adventure Island 2 is my favorite of the trilogy, I can't deny that this game is pretty good. That and I kinda want to use this patch as an excuse to play the game again, lol.

Also, emulators, eh? I have tried this on FCEUX and no problems so far.

Oh, and before anyone points it out, yes, I am aware that there is a 4th game, but that one is japanese only, so official release-wise, there's only THREE. Although seeing a sprite swap of that game would be interesting. Hmm...