News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Removing the HUD in Pokemon Battle Revolution  (Read 510 times)

Damoople

• View Profile
Removing the HUD in Pokemon Battle Revolution
« on: November 15, 2019, 08:29:43 pm »
Hi there,

I'm trying to extract or rotoscope animations from Pokemon Battle Revolution. However, the HUD usually blocks the Pokemon in-game and makes it near-impossible to get a clear view of some animations.

Would anyone know how to remove or hide the HUD from the game? Has it already been done?

I'm not a rom-hacker, and I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the magnitude of this project.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Removing the HUD in Pokemon Battle Revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:55:39 am »
A silly question, perhaps, but are you quite sure no one has done this already?  Considering the overwhelming popularity of the Pokemon games, I would be surprised if this one also hadn't been hacked backwards and forwards by now.  (Probably not on this board, though.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Damoople

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 02:00:09 am »
As far as I know, it hasn't been done yet. The bit of research I've done has shown very few results for PBR hacks.

The closest I could find to hacking the game is this link discussing the game's files, but a lot of it is Greek to me.
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/37270-pokemon-battle-revolution-hacking-info-dump/

I was imagining it to be done already too, but I guess spin-off games don't hold nearly as much water as the main titles.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:03:14 am »
That is a pretty good start, yes.

The board has replaced "xD" with a smiley. That page is supposed to link to https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/35368-part-1-file-decompression-and-recompression/ , I think.

I'm guessing that one potential solution might be to replace the HUD graphics with transparent textures. But that's just a guess.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!