News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Legend of Dragoon (AI Upscale x2 backgrounds packs))  (Read 1996 times)

kxteel

• View Profile
The Legend of Dragoon (AI Upscale x2 backgrounds packs))
« on: December 05, 2019, 08:34:33 pm »

Hello!
My name is Kx, I'm passionate about technology, videogames and final fantasy :P

Legend of dragoon was a great game that deserves to be remastered. That's why thanks to the new software you can achieve great feats. And I want to do my bit to make the remake possible.
My intention is to evolve all the textures of the original game to a resolution x2 with AI.

I will create 1 pack per CD that will include:
- All original textures (.png)
- All original textures upscale x2 in (.png)

----------------------------------------------------------
CD1 TEXTURE PACK: https://mega.nz/#!j2xwTSrb!b_bIiW9ank-9Lbj_KEhY3F-kDhsDCKu8MWXkxKEN4PE
CD2 TEXTURE PACK:
CD3 TEXTURE PACK:
CD4 TEXTURE PACK:
----------------------------------------------------------

These packs will be used by other developers and modders, who little by little, to work on how to apply them to the game.

#LongLiveLod

Dont forget join into the biggest community about legend of dragoon dev team: https://discord.gg/rQWXgK5

THE MAP:

Images and screenshots example on AI upscale resolution:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:17:54 am by kxteel »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Dragoon (Remastered)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 01:21:44 pm »
Nice work

Morinis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 01:33:04 pm »
This game is very underrated.  Like that its getting a lot of love.  Will keep an eye on this :)

Granville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 06:37:14 am »
I'm fairly certain you won't be able to just insert higher res graphics into the game via hacking and expect it to work.

The only way this would likely be possible is if someone implemented texture dumping and loading into a PS1 emulator. This is already an older option in existing N64, GC/Wii, PSP, and Dreamcast emulators. But as of now, there are no PS1 emulators with such a feature.

There have been a couple of requests to implement this into Retroarch's Beetle PSX (Mednafen) emulator core, but it hasn't generated a ton of interest or attention. It is reportedly going to be a major challenge if a developer does attempt it.
https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/482

Bonk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 02:25:31 am »
I'm sorry, but slapping a but of images into an upscaler is not remastering. And they are always so obviously upscaled.
It takes no effort and no skill.
Learn how to recreate the images or learn to paint and interpret and trace the originals in 2D or 3D. Or use the upscaling as a basis to get a head start to manually clean up and make it look correct.  (https://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way/)

This stuff masquerading as "Remastering" is getting out of hand, it's bad enough it gets used in commercial releases when publisher can't be bothered to give a project an actual budget to hire real artists to do the job right. But that takes time and effort.

I love Legend of Dragoon, but it deserves better than this.

kxteel

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dragoon (AI Upscale x2 backgrounds packs))
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 07:45:45 am »
Post Updated!
The first pack incoming.
Dev team ready to test it ingame? XDD

My personal upscale landside pic :P

Look this remake done by Remminiscence. So cute.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:55:11 am by kxteel »

gadesx

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dragoon (AI Upscale x2 backgrounds packs))
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 01:07:41 pm »
I want to do that for Baten kaitos Origins and Dolphin support the upscaled textures.

But with my PC I can't make the IA thing, it's very old. But the gpu can run the BK series well. Radeon 4870 512MB

With Bettle psx at 2x nope.
Only use CPU and Bettlehw doesn't work for me.