News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)  (Read 152193 times)

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v1.7.5 and v2.0 BETA 8)
« Reply #240 on: July 17, 2021, 04:54:54 am »
In v2.0 BETA 8, after skipping the cutscene where X defeated Zero, Mission Report is still displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete". The Mission Report after skipping post-intro stage cutscene is also displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete". I'm using converted Eboot on PSP.
Zero's palette during Black Zero capsule process has been successfully fixed.

Now in current version, 1 part, 2 parts and 3 parts of both Enigma and Shuttle works appropriately for two possibilities. A file with Shuttle having the 4 parts succeed 10 times in a row. Another file with all 8 bosses beaten regularly, succeed 10 times in a row. Enter stages to refresh RNG doesn't seems to have issues so far. The test of remaining possibilities of Shuttle operation is still on the road, will check further. Pray me success!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 10:11:23 am by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2021, 10:42:33 am »
Test report on v2.0 BETA 6

1) I mostly focus on Incomplete Armors (Gaea/ Falcon)
a) Still in native palette of unarmored X part2
Last stage against the 8 Mavericks. Once you teleport out after beating 8 of them, the palette turn back to incomplete armor X.
Also, the battle against Dynamo. Both first and the 2nd time.(Reminder)

b) Incomplete Gaea shot eraser
From my observation, as long as it is incomplete Gaea, the normal charge shot can still erase certain obstacle.
eg. Attack from Zero Buster normal shot, Burn Dinorex's normal mouth fire which is similar to X's Ground Fire.
Normal X and other Armors can't do that, and by having the arms part, you can even erase more obstacle. Not just the V-Blocks.

c) Wrong color palette for unarmored X during character selection
First, highlight incomplete X (Gaea/ Falcon) and press cancel.
Then, reselect a character again. You'll always start of with the selection of unarmored X but with the previous palette.
Once you move the cursor and reselect back unarmored X, the color will be corrected.
And even if you choose the wrong palette of unarmored X, you'll get the correct color once a stage starts.

2) Conversation affecting Clear Time
As what's been written by "pating", the problem is not only on conversation after the battle between X and Zero.
I've already tested it with Dynamo and Sigma as those two also have conversation after battle.
The result is Dynamo clock stop ticking but not after beating 2nd Form Sigma.
This should be a glitch from vanilla version.
All I can observe is though they all have conversation after battle, at least the Dynamo one still has the animation of winning and wrap out.
However, I dunno whether the timer continue ticking or not when doing the animation of winning and wrap out.
Also, normal conversation and pause menu will not affect the clear time.
So if you want to fix those bugs, do it on conversation after the battle "between X and Zero", and "2nd Form Sigma".

3) Skip Dynamo
I noticed it when testing the Clear Time.
To trigger this, lose up all the lives in the battle against Dynamo and choose Stage Select instead of Continue.
The game will move on without needing to beat Dynamo but you lose some time. The same goes to vanilla version.
Feels like Deja Vu. Did someone tested it before?

4) Zero VS Ultimate X (glitch)
It happened only once when I gung-ho on Ultimate X.
The shadow of a Lifesaver suddenly appear in the screen.
Not sure whether this bug happen because of modification or it is a known bug from the vanilla version.

5) Shuttle RNG
Still wasn't very clear from your explanation in BETA 8.
What's the optimize way to test it? But I guess it means "no" to use save state. How about Load from save file?
Guess I'll skip this one. This is truly a nightmare. I'll hope for your success, "Aceearly1993".

6) Your FAQs
Does that mean you won't tackle the listed problems for 2.0?
a) Shorten the time of releasing Zero Buster
b) Restore all Zero's moves
c) Restore Fourth's Nova Strike
d) Reduce/ No invincible frames of the 8 Mavericks when hit by weaknesses
    So we can continue with free hitting even if they have long lifebar.
e) Plasma Shot's remnant to damage the 8 Mavericks even as tiny as 1.
    I don't think it will work with just the Damage Tables alone and you also need to consider the blocking sound.
    Something that I have tried with Damage Tables on Megaman X6 Tweaks Patcher.
    It must be something like how you inputed a certain code on the Tri-Thunder to break the block in Tidal Whale's stage.

ZEROmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 17, 2021, 05:07:23 pm »
I was just thinking about something:

I never understood why before the battle between X and ZERO there were 2 Lifesavers alongside X

It would be nice to have a way to remove 1 of them, since (at least for me) having 2 of them never made sense

I will test 2.0BETAv8 tonight
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 05:33:20 pm by ZEROmaverick »

SuxMenner

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2021, 06:18:53 pm »
I was just thinking about something:

I never understood why before the battle between X and ZERO there were 2 Lifesavers alongside X

It would be nice to have a way to remove 1 of them, since (at least for me) having 2 of them never made sense

I will test 2.0BETAv8 tonight

The Lifesaver is canonically a mass-produced medical reploid so it ain't that weird, I'm sure that if they had the chance to showcase this fact more clearly they probably would've.
Doesn't particularly help that X6 and onwards ignores the Lifesavers existence.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 17, 2021, 06:45:56 pm »
Today's Shuttle test is on the track! Now I can safely sure Shuttle operation with 4 parts from save files did 100% success (at least on the converted Eboot on my PSP), needs to test the all 8 stages without saving under 8 possile last stages before shuttle operation. (Arrrrraaaaggghh!!)

3) Skip Dynamo
I noticed it when testing the Clear Time.
To trigger this, lose up all the lives in the battle against Dynamo and choose Stage Select instead of Continue.
The game will move on without needing to beat Dynamo but you lose some time. The same goes to vanilla version.
Feels like Deja Vu. Did someone tested it before?

This was how Dynamo fight works in the vanilla retail X5. Dynamo didn't intend to fight X/Zero till death, after successfully disturbing them, he will leaves the scene for his own safety if you abort the mission through a Game Over.

Not sure whether this bug happen because of modification or it is a known bug from the vanilla version.

This was a glitch from vanilla retail X5, if Shot eraser erased X's buster at the same moment it collides with a wall, a glitched silhouette of Lifesaver will appear at the spot where X's buster is erased.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:31:25 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 17, 2021, 09:20:18 pm »
I don't know if this has been fixed but when I enter the capsule to get black Zero and I dash the game crashes though exiting the stage resolves this issue but I thought I'd mention it.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2021, 09:27:25 pm »
I don't know if this has been fixed but when I enter the capsule to get black Zero and I dash the game crashes though exiting the stage resolves this issue but I thought I'd mention it.

Haven't encounter that in my converted Eboot on PSP yet, I need to double check them. Which emulator or hardware did you use, and which version of v2.0 BETA did you applied? Update log says v2.0 BETA 8 fixed Zero's palette issue after entering Black Zero capsule.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:33:48 pm by Aceearly1993 »

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2021, 01:26:53 am »
Haven't encounter that in my converted Eboot on PSP yet, I need to double check them. Which emulator or hardware did you use, and which version of v2.0 BETA did you applied? Update log says v2.0 BETA 8 fixed Zero's palette issue after entering Black Zero capsule.

It was BETA 4 and I used epsxe.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 18, 2021, 02:25:35 am »
It was BETA 4 and I used epsxe.
You can try the BETA 8 and see if it still crashes, I'll also keep an eye to it

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 18, 2021, 02:57:47 am »
You can try the BETA 8 and see if it still crashes, I'll also keep an eye to it
Thanks I'll give BETA 8 a try.

ZEROmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2021, 03:35:13 am »
I found an issue with zero in spike rosered stage.

If I use dark hold to move the v-block then I will get stuck in that part of the stage since I will run out of weapon energy before I will be able to move the others V blocks in order to complete that part of the stage.

And if I kill myself and continue I will start in the same spot again so I will need to get back to stage selection loosing an hour ok order to complete rosered stage.

I think that moving the v-blocks with zero should be done by using w-shredder since it doesn't use weapon energy

I completed the 4 parts of the shuttle and was able to destroy Eurasia at first attempt, it seems to be working fine.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2021, 03:59:00 am »
Yes the W-Shredder and Quake Blazer could have some secondary function to be used, they're kinda pale compared to the rest

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2021, 06:57:24 am »

If I use dark hold to move the v-block then I will get stuck in that part of the stage since I will run out of weapon energy before I will be able to move the others V blocks in order to complete that part of the stage.

And if I kill myself and continue I will start in the same spot again so I will need to get back to stage selection loosing an hour ok order to complete rosered stage.

I think that moving the v-blocks with zero should be done by using w-shredder since it doesn't use weapon energy

From my understanding, I don't think it is possible to make Special Weapons to push the V-Blocks.
You see, "dash can push the V-Blocks" and "no damage/death from spike" has been exploited by using the Gameshark.
From that information, "acediez" was able to come up with a solution by combining it with Dark Hold.
The result is, only when Dark Hold is activated, enable Dash to push the V-Blocks and no damage/death from spike.

Regarding the Rosered's stage, that is also one of the reason why Exit a stage is always enable in the v2.0 BETA.
You can always DIY the Special Weapons to destroy V-Blocks by adjusting the value from the Damage Tables of the latest "workbook" using "HxD".
However, some may not work as I just explained to "acediez" in my previous post.
It feels as though the Damage Tables is a subcommand and there is no way it will work if the main command is disabled.
I don't know if I used the right term but that's basically how it works.

acediez,
I would like to know it is possible to disable Exit a stage only when X/Zero is fighting the last boss of a stage?

ZEROmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2021, 04:37:23 pm »
Good Point!! You are completely right!! Dash is the only way to move V-Blocks, so only Dark Hold will work for Zero

I can only think using the "flower" like enemies to drop Weapon Enegy more often in that zone in order to complete that zone with Zero, or at least to allow Zero to return to the main route moving the entrance V-Block

The other partial solution would be to make another Zero's Special Technique (C-Flasher?) to be able to break the V-Blocks, or mark the V-Blocks in the entrance as "destroyed" after ZERO moves them, so he can return to the main route (currently they appear back blocking the entrace)

Anyway, I love the 2.0 enhancements, specially to be able to cancel Dark Hold, great work!

--Glitches on 2.0v8 (not sure if already reported)
==================================================

-The VIRUS UI, when ZERO get Viral (Violet aura), the UI start to flicker

-Volt Kraken stage using Falcon Armor, the X palette backs from yellow to the original light blue after shootings the sparks to open the Dr Light's room
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 08:54:47 pm by ZEROmaverick »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2021, 09:18:09 pm »
Thanks for testing, everyone!

In v2.0 BETA 8, after skipping the cutscene where X defeated Zero, Mission Report is still displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete". The Mission Report after skipping post-intro stage cutscene is also displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete".
Fixed it, this time for real. But since it's so minor, I'll save it for the next update.

a) Still in native palette of unarmored X part2
c) Wrong color palette for unarmored X during character selection
Known issues. But I appreciate them being reported, it'll be easier to have a list of all the situations where it need work.

b) Incomplete Gaea shot eraser
Good find, I forgot to check the code for the short eraser property. I'll work on this.
Which obstacles besides V-Blocks have you identified that are breakable with Gaea Buster?

2) Conversation affecting Clear Time
These are all vanilla issues. I'll keep a note on these and I'll consider to check on them in the future, but I won't work them right now.

Quote from: injoon84
5) Shuttle RNG
Still wasn't very clear from your explanation in BETA 8.
What's the optimize way to test it? But I guess it means "no" to use save state. How about Load from save file?

The rng only changes in-game, you need to play a little bit before each try for it to have a different result (kill a couple of enemies, shoot a few shots)

So I guess the optimal way of testing would be:
— Enigma always failing with no parts: on a savefile with no Mavericks from the left side beaten, save a savestate inside stage. For each attempt, play a bit more, exit stage, go to “Enigma Launch” on the stage select screen
— Shuttle always failing with no parts: same as above, except do it on a savestate with no Mavericks from the right side beaten, and the Enigma already launches and failed.
— Shuttle always succeeding with all parts (from menu): same as above, except do it on a savefile that skipped the automatic Shuttle launch. To do this, you have to complete the Shuttle parts before launching the Enigma.
— Shuttle always succeeding with all parts (automatic launch after completing Shuttle): save a savestate sometime in the middle of the last Maverick fight. On each attempt, finish the fight, go through Mission Report, watch cutscene.
— Normal RNG behavior (sometimes succeed, sometimes fail): have any intermediate number of Parts (not zero, not all) and use the same method to test it (savestate from stage, play a bit, Exit Stage, launch Enigma/Shuttle from menu)

Quote from: injoon84
6) Your FAQs
Does that mean you won't tackle the listed problems for 2.0?

Right now I just want to have a stable release with the current set of features as soon as possible.
I'm thinking of porting all the complete and proven features from the beta to a new stable version (v1.8?) and keep exclusive to the beta only the incomplete and unpolished features (all the incomplete armors stuff)
After that, I don't have any concrete plans. I may continue working on it sometime in the future (just like I came back after v1.5 after a year and a half).
What I wrote on the FAQ is just to let you guys know which are the things that I would be more interested of working on in the future.

b) Restore all Zero's moves
Which moves?

a) Shorten the time of releasing Zero Buster
d) Reduce/ No invincible frames of the 8 Mavericks when hit by weaknesses
e) Plasma Shot's remnant to damage the 8 Mavericks even as tiny as 1.

I'll consider these if I get to work on boss and general combat balance.

c) Restore Fourth's Nova Strike
Fortunately, it's already implemented exactly as it works on X4, limited energy bar and all. It was probably removed so the initial armor isn't too powerful, which I think is a good thing. But it's easy to add it back.

Let me know if it works and doens't cause any other problems and I'll at least include it in the readme.

Code: [Select]
Enable Fourth Armor Nova Strike
BIN Address: 43528
HEX Data Original: FEFF62240300422C
HEX Data Modified: FFFF62240400422C

Display Fourth Armor's Nova Strike on pause menu
BIN Address: 36BF8
HEX Data Original: FEFF42240300422C
HEX Data Modified: FFFF42240400422C

I would like to know it is possible to disable Exit a stage only when X/Zero is fighting the last boss of a stage

Theorically yes, but not with the code currently implemented. The only exception implemented is the current stage ID.

I'm thinking of a different way of allowing Zero to move V-Blocks.

The idea of using Dark Hold came from working on the Volt Kraken stage blocks section. Being able to move the blocks and walk on spikes for a limited timed seemed like a fun way of solving the puzzle.

I did a test on Rosered, and cancelling Dark Hold seemed enough to get through it with enough ammo. It would work perfectly if it wasn't because V-Blocks respawn. My idea was to be able to walk back to the starting point if you didn't make it in time, but I didn't test it throughly.

If I can't come up with a creative solution to still use the moving blocks mechanic, I'll simply make them destroyable by one of Zero's special moves.

I think I'll make them movable using F-Splasher instead. You'll need both Dark Hold and F-Splasher to solve the section in Volt Kraken stage, but it'll still be doable entirely by Zero, and without any risk of getting stuck in Rosered's stage.

-The VIRUS UI, when ZERO get Viral (Violet aura), the UI start to flicker
Not a bug, works like that in vanilla too.

-Volt Kraken stage using Falcon Armor, the X palette backs from yellow to the original light blue after shootings the sparks to open the Dr Light's room
Known issue

Again, thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:07:29 am by acediez »

ZEROmaverick

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2021, 09:35:52 pm »
Thank you acediez, for you fantastic work!

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2021, 10:23:08 pm »
Found an issue about Fourth Armor's Nova Strike. If re-enable the Fourth Armor's version, Ultimate Armor cannot use Nova Strike.

Shuttle operation test basically succeed, with no breaking issues encountered so far, only need to test if Pegacion was the last of the 4 Shuttle bosses to beat.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:30:22 pm by Aceearly1993 »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2021, 10:35:14 pm »
Found an issue about Fourth Armor's Nova Strike. If re-enable the Fourth Armor's version, Ultimate Armor cannot use Nova Strike.

Try this:

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2021, 10:46:48 pm »
Try this:

Great, now both versions work, thanks, acediez!

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2021, 01:01:34 am »
v1.8
- Imported features from v2.0 BETA
    - Enigma/Shuttle RNG exceptions (Enigma/Shuttle with no parts will always fail, Shuttle with all 4 parts will always succeed).
    - Tidal Whale's Stage: Auto-scrolling segments run faster (100-125% horizontally, 150% horizontally).
    - Tidal Whale's Stage: U-5555 (mini boss): smaller health bar (75%), but deals more damage (about 150% each attack).
    - More weapons can now break stage objects blocking items in Tidal Whale's, Shining Firely's and Dark Necrobat's stages.
    - Dark Hold: protects you from spikes (allowing Zero to collect more items by himself).
    - Dark Hold: can now be cancelled.
    - Gaea Armor: can now slide down walls by pressing down (like the Shadow Armor in X6 Tweaks)
    - Gaea Armor: removed Dash speed penalty
    - Falcon Armor: implemented a custom Air Dash and small dash speed bonus.
    - W-Shredder: input changed to Dash + Special
    - Disabled double tap dash input
- Cutscenes skip: fixed Mission Report displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete" (corrected from v1.7.5)
- F-Splasher is now able to move V-Blocks (allowing Zero to complete V-Blocks sections)

v2.0 BETA 9
- v1.8 changes
- Armor by Parts: Gaea Armor's shot eraser property linked to the Arm Part.
- Dark Hold no longer moves V-Blocks (replaced by F-Splasher)

Current list of v2.0 BETA known issues:
Retranslated Script:
     - Armor and weapon descriptions don't reflect the changes made by this hack.
Armor by Parts:
     - The pause menu mugshot will still always display the complete armor. Mugshot changes haven't been implemented.
     - Incomplete armors palette changes implementation is not yet complete. The palette revert back to normal in some situations (Ride Armor, Ride Chaser, death animation, win animation, etc.)

New hack instructions in the Readme:
- Enable Fourth Armor's Nova Strike

As of this release, the only feature exclusive to the BETA release is "Armor by Parts", and all the hacks directly related to it. It'll probably stay as a separate BETA version for some time, since there's a lot of work left to consider it complete (fix all the palette changes, and implementing mugshot changes).

My priority now will be fixing bugs on the features on the v1.8 release.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 01:08:55 am by acediez »