v2.0 BETA 6
- RNG Exceptions: feature temporarily removed (wasn't working as expected). (reimplemented in BETA 7)
- Armor by Parts: fixed incomplete Gaea Armor mistakenly having access to bugged Special Weapons.
- Tidal Whale Stage: U-555 damage output reduced (from x2 to about x1.5)
About the Shuttle launch chances, it seems that the debugger I use is giving me different results as most other emulators/systems. I'll have to double check everything using a more accurate emulator. That's gonna be very time consuming, so I'll have to leave it for some other time. I'll just leave it out of the current BETA for now, so that it can at least be playable normally. nevermind
Non-game breaking palette bugs (incomplete implementations, actually) will be left for later too. I forgot to list it as a "known issue".
As for the Tidal Whale subboss damage output, to be honest, I hadn't tested it using Zero. I agree now, it's a bit too much. I'll be toning it down from x2 to about x1.5. Except the big laser. It's pretty well telegraphed, so I'm keeping that a bit higher.
And is there a modifier which could adjust 1) damage of Z Buster and 2) Eurasia Crash timer?
1) Damage table info is on the workbook I uploaded to the downloads link, I just updated it. I haven't identified to which enemy/enemies each table belongs (columns), but all major attacks spot on each table is identified (rows). You'd just have to increase the value for each value on that row.
2) I haven't worked on a hack for it myself, but it's been covered by gamesharks since forever https://gamehacking.org/game/89275
Infinite Hours To Collision by Code Master, KelPearl, Shadow X
EDIT: I changed my mind.
I took a better look at the Enigma/Shuttle launch code and I think I found the problem, so I'll just try it again.v1.7.4
- Cutscenes Skip: fixed sequence breaking after the X vs. Zero aftermath cutscene (skipping Mission Report)v2.0 BETA 7
- v1.7.4 Fixes
- RNG Exceptions: reimplented. A new attempt to fix it (neeeds testing)
- Breakable blocks: Twin Dream can now destroy Necrobat Stage's breakable block (thanks for the suggestion)Current list of v2.0 BETA known issues:
- Armor and weapon descriptions don't reflect the changes made by this hack.
- The script formatting hasn't been optimized for the new variable font width spacing.
Armor by Parts:
- The pause menu mugshot will still always display the complete armor. Mugshot changes haven't been implemented.
- The implementation of the incomplete armor palette changes isn't finished. The palette revert back to normal in some situations (Ride Armor, Ride Chaser, death animation, win animation, etc.)
I also included two new hacks instructions on the readme:
- Remove timer (hide it from UI and disable the event of running out of time. Not throughly tested yet)
- Receive Parts on the next run (same as Life/Energy up, instead of waiting two runs)