Neat but what about PAL version ?
i would like to restore Tidal Whale stage theme to original because it is my favorite ost, can you teach me how to do? thanks alot
The general steps are...
1. Extract disc files
2. Edit XA files (I use XA Audio Converter, found on this site)
3. Edit XA table of contents/track lengths in the game executable (the addresses are in the notes file I shared a few posts back). It's mostly trial and error. Not something you'd be able to do with no prior PS1 debugging experience.
4. Rebuild entire disc... correctly (I use mkpsxiso)
It's not a trivial task, and that's why I'm not supporting all and every music track combination people suggest.
First off, I wanted to say thank you so much for your hard work, this hack is awesome and imo the best way to play x5, that said I do have 2 questions for you if you have the time.
1. Are you still planning to upload a "no music changes" version?
Yeah, after finishing inserting the retranslation, which is the next thing I'll work on for this game for sure. But I don't have a timeframe for that, I'm working on other things at the moment.
2. Since you did the x6 tweaks, I take it you know how to edit palettes? as you edited the ultimate armor in that I believe. if so could you tell me how to do that? as I have always wanted the x5 ultimate armor to use the palette from the x4 armor and from the boss fight against x, as imo it is the definitive coloring for the ultimate armor.
The problem is not editing them, but rather of finding them. I found them in X6, but I haven't documented them in X5, as I never intended to get into any more cosmetic changes.
If you're willing to figure out the process of unpacking the main file packages, identifying palette files, replacing them, and making changes to the game disc without breaking them, you can look at the notes I shared a few posts back for reference, and my X6 Tweaks documentations.
All I can say to feature requests and "write me a guide on how to..." at the moment is, honestly, don't have time for it right now. I appreciate the support and interest, I really do, but... it's been a year already, I moved on to other stuff. There's only a handful of things I'm still interested on working on for these games, things I've already mentioned here, but I don't have a timeframe on when they'll get done.
As I said on the very first release post, this was never meant to grow into a "X5 Tweaks". It was just a handful of things I wanted to have myself on top of the original Improvement Project, which were made possible thanks to Metalwario64's on the graphics side and Ghaleonh41 on the script side. This is it.