Thanks Aceearly, that's reassuring! It's on the queue now. I squeezed in a couple more things on the readme, but the patches are the same as BETA 32.
When the game starts, it plays an strange sound (like an old CD) and if I use a savestate that I saved with a previous version of the patch it gets fixed but once a stage is finished the game crashes.
I tried them in Beetle PSX and two versions of ePSXe, old and new. Didn't get the issue, so I really don't know how else to find the cause to your problem.
Since the only time it's been reported, I would suggest you check your emulator settings, or try another emulator altogether.
- Incomplete Armors. Armors can now be selected as soon as you get a part for it.
- Stages: Dark Necrobat's stage slowdown gimmick removed.
- Stages: Volt Kraken's stage orbs requirement to destroy wall reduced to 7 (you can now miss one orb)
- Bugfix: fixed invincibility bugs introduced by the cancellable F-Splasher code (v1.9) and custom Falcon Air Dash (v1.8)
- Falcon Armor: reverted dash speed bonus from v1.8 (didn't mix well with Hyper Dash)
- Damage tables: reverted Falcon Armor's charged buster boost from v1.10 (too overpowered)
That's the whole leap from the latest "stable" release v1.11 (which wasn't really all that stable, since it had all the invincibility bugs in it).
And here's the embarrasing complete BETA changelog 😅
v2.0 BETA 32
- (Bug fix) Attempt to fix conflicts on invincibility moves
v2.0 BETA 31
- (Bug fix) Zero's virus status invincibility restored
- (New) Dark Necrobat Stage's slowdown gimmick removed
v2.0 BETA 30
- (Bug fix) Falcon Air Dash invincibility glitch fix
- (New) Ride Chaser segment: Wall needs only 7 orbs to break. Addresses to adjust value added to readme.
v2.0 BETA 29
- Falcon Air Dash invincibility glitch fix
v2.0 BETA 27/28
- Minor text edits.
v2.0 BETA 26:
- (Improvement) Incomplete Armors: Parts selection screen will now also display unarmored X until the armor is complete.
- (Reverted) Damage Tables: Falcon Charged Buster boost against bosses reverted.
- (Reverted) Falcon Armor: Dash speed boost removed.
v2.0 BETA 25
- (Bug fix) Fixed invincibility bug caused by the cancellable F-Splasher code
- Minor text edits.
v.2.0 BETA 23/24
- (Reverted) Reduced Falcon Armor dash speed boost.
v.2.0 BETA 21/22
- Yet another embarrisingly small dialogue edit (twice)
- Now also testing the building script for alternate patches with v2.0
v.2.0 BETA 20
- Fixed that one dialogue issue.
v2.0 BETA 19
- (Bugfix) Fixed Rank not being displayed properly on pause menu
- (Improvement) Minor touchups to incomplete armors' mugshots
- Minor edits to script (incomplete armors' descriptions)
v2.0 BETA 18
- (Bugfix) Fixed Dark Hold crash
v2.0 BETA 17
- (Improvement) Incomplete Armors: pause menu mugshot updates are now implemented.
- (New) Z-Buster: reduced startup wait time. Address added to readme.
- (Rebalance) Damage Tables: X/Zero boss fights tweaked. Damage reduction softened (but still harder/longer than vanilla). Previous modification kept on the readme.
v2.0 BETA 16
- Various Incomplete Armors palettes fixes.
v2.0 BETA 15
- Stage Edit, Zero Space 1: the inner walls in the laser segments are now not grabbable.
v2.0 BETA 14
- v1.10.1 changes
- Fixed freeze on demo
- Damage tables: Z-Saber's decreased damage against bosses is now only applied to the 8 main bosses and Dynamo.
v2.0 BETA 13
- v1.10 changes
- Save/Load Menu: fixed two tiles with the wrong color (in the "hours left" box)
- Damaga tables: Tri-Thunder can now also destroy the burn wooden block in Shining Firefly's stage.
- Damage tables: Z-Saber damage against bosses adjustment. Now includes attack from walls and C-Slash.
- Damage tables: Falcon Armor's charged buster deals more damage to bosses (from 3 to 4)
- Tidal Whale's Stage: U-5555 damage output adjusted (reduced, but still stronger than vanilla)
- Incomplete Armors bugfix: Fixed Shock Buffer Part not reducing damage for unarmored X and Zero.
- Incomplete Armors bugfix: Fixed X's special weapons not spending ammo consistently.
v2.0 BETA 12
- v1.9 fixes
- Fixed Dark Hold protection from spikes.
- Fixed "GIGA ATTCK" typo on Button Configuration menu (comes from vanilla).
- Damage table modification on indestructible enemies and boss invincibility frames reverted to normal.
v2.0 BETA 11
- F-Splasher: can now be cancelled with an air attack.
- Damage tables: Zero's regular saber attacks now deal less damage against bosses (2,2,5,4,4 to 2,1,3,2,2)
- Damage tables: attacks on invincibility frames of bosses will not trigger the "blocking" effect anymore
v2.0 BETA 10
- F-Splasher: duration can be controlled like a normal Air Dash (cancelled if both dash and direction button are released)
- C-Sword: can now damage Crescent Grizzly (same damage as regular air attack)
v2.0 BETA 9
- v1.8 changes
- Cutscenes skip: fixed Mission Report displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete" (corrected from v1.7.5)
- F-Splasher is now able to move V-Blocks (allowing Zero to complete V-Blocks sections)
- Armor by Parts: Gaea Armor's shot eraser property linked to the Arm Part.
- Dark Hold no longer moves V-Blocks (replaced by F-Splasher)
v2.0 BETA 8
- v1.7.5 fixes
- Cutscenes skip: fixed Mission Report displaying "Game Over" instead of "Mission Complete".
- Armor by parts: fixed palette bugs in Zero Stage 3 capsule
v2.0 BETA 7
- v1.7.4 Fixes
- Cutscenes Skip: fixed sequence breaking after the X vs. Zero aftermath cutscene (skipping Mission Report)
- RNG Exceptions: reimplented. A new attempt to fix it (neeeds testing)
- Breakable blocks: Twin Dream can now destroy Necrobat Stage's breakable block (thanks for the suggestion)
v2.0 BETA 6
- RNG Exceptions: feature temporarily removed (wasn't working as expected).
- Armor by Parts: fixed incomplete Gaea Armor mistakenly having access to bugged Special Weapons.
- Tidal Whale Stage: U-555 damage output reduced (from x2 to about x1.5)
v2.0 BETA 5
- v1.7.3 fixes
- Cutscene skip: fixed two instances of sequence breaking (the cutscene after the intro stage, and the one after running out of time)
- Very minor text fixes (a typo, a misaligned digit on the save menu, a single character's spacing)
- An attempt to fix Dark Hold's glitches caused by getting hit while activating it (needs more testing)
- An attempt to fix the Shuttle launch failing even after collecting all 4 parts, on some emulators (needs more testing)
- Gaea Buster damage output increased against most common enemies (uncharged increased from 4 to 5, charged increased from 7 to 9)
v2.0 BETA 4
- Fixed Dynamo encounters not being triggered if his introduction cutscene was skipped
- Fixed new weapon vulnerabilities of breakable objects not actually being implemented
- Fixed selected Parts not being loaded in-game correctly
- Fixed some (all?) palette bugs when entering a capsule
v2.0 BETA 3
- Armor by Parts: Fixed stages not being marked as beaten when an "incomplete armor" is first obtained.
- Armor by Parts: Fixed Gaea Armor buster graphics not loading properly
v2.0 BETA 2
- Script: Fixed out of place dialogues.
- Armor by Parts: Fixed Fourth Armor's Buster.
- Armor by Parts: Fixed available armors value being incorrectly updated when obtaining an incomplete armor (removing other armors).
v2.0 BETA 1
- Incomplete Armors: Armors can now be used as soon as you get a part for it.
- Enigma/Shuttle RNG exceptions:
- Enigma and Shuttle attempts with no collected upgrades will now always fail.
- Shuttle attempts with all four upgrades will always succeed.
- Stage mechanics modifications:
- Tidal Whale's Stage: Auto-scrolling segments run faster (100-125% horizontally, 150% horizontally).
- Tidal Whale's Stage: U-5555 (mini boss): smaller health bar (75%), but deals more damage (about 200% each attack).
- Additional ways to collect items (to reduce backtracking):
- More weapons can now break stage objects blocking items.
- Tidal Whale's Stage Capsule Bomb: F-Laser, Spike Ball (Charged), Tri-Thunder (Charged), Twin Dream, C-Flasher
- Tidal Whale's Stage Breakable Block: Tri-Thunder
- Shining Firefly's Stage Breakable Block: E-Blade
- Dark Hold protects you from spikes (allowing Zero to collect more items by himself).
- Dark Hold allows you to push V-Blocks (with any armor/character).
- Other gameplay changes:
- Dark Hold: can now be cancelled.
- Gaea Armor: can now slide down walls by pressing down (like the Shadow Armor in X6 Tweaks)
- Disabled double tap dash input
- W-Shredder: input changed to Dash + Special (it's now included in the patch. It was previously documented as a manual tweak only)