News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)  (Read 152226 times)

ZEROmaverick

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 30)
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2021, 10:23:50 pm »
Just a question

What is the the difference between the Normal Improvement and the (RHDN) Version?

Thanks

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2021, 10:26:21 pm »
Just a question

What is the the difference between the Normal Improvement and the (RHDN) Version?

Thanks
It's the same thing. The "RHDN" zip is just the one I intend to submit to the site (only the smaller patches, because of size restrictions). I'll just delete it from archive.org to avoid confusion.

TheUnknownHunter

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 29)
« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2021, 11:10:00 pm »
Disregarding the Enigma/Shuttle launch order and boss weaknesses, this is what I came up with:

As X or Zero:

Volt Kraken
 - Falcon Part Capsule (no requirement)

As Fourth Armor:

Tidal Whale
 - Heart Tank (Tri-Thunder)
 - Falcon Armor Capsule (Tri-Thunder Charged)

As Zero:

Spike Rosered
 - Heart Tank (F-Splasher on V-Blocks)

Dark Necrobat
 - Heart Tank (no requirement)
 - Sub Tank (no requirement)
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Twin Dream)

As X or Zero:

Crescent Grizzly
 - Sub Tank (no requirement)
 - Falcon Part Capsule (no requirement)
 - Heart Tank (Dark Hold)

Shining Firefly (Fourth Armor)
 - Heart Tank (Dark Hold)
 - EX-Tank (Tri-Thunder/E-Blade)
 - Falcon Part Capsule (Crescent Shot/C-Slash)

As Falcon Armor:

Spiral Pegasus
 - W-Tank (no requirement)
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Falcon Armor Flight)

Burn Dinorex
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Falcon Armor Flight)

Revisit:

Spike Rosered
 - Gaea Armor Capsule (Falcon Armor, or Zero with Jumper Part, Hyper Dash, and lots of patience)

Volt Kraken
 - Heart Tank (Gaea Armor, or Zero with F-Splasher + Dark Hold)
I must try this! this looks dope, thanks!  :woot!:

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #363 on: August 11, 2021, 11:15:02 pm »
v2.0 BETA 30 questions:
- acediez you stated Falcon's air dash bug fix, but Zero's invincibility during Virus infected status is also removed. Is it intentional? Or the code for the two status are somehow connected and share one specific pointer so that after touching one, the other would be affected? If so, is there a way to revert virus infected invincibility back to original status, through customization options?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 11:53:20 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

TheUnknownHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 11, 2021, 11:55:43 pm »
Bug report: whenever you defeat the second fase of U-5555 miniboss as X, it will stay in the destruction animation forever instead of continuing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:11:00 am by TheUnknownHunter »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2021, 12:32:10 am »
v2.0 BETA 30 questions:
- acediez you stated Falcon's air dash bug fix, but Zero's invincibility during Virus infected status is also removed. Is it intentional? Or the code for the two status are somehow connected and share one specific pointer so that after touching one, the other would be affected? If so, is there a way to revert virus infected invincibility back to original status?
Yeah, it's related, and not intentional. I'll upload BETA 31 now with a fix. I hope it's enough.

v2.0 BETA 31
- (Fix) Zero's virus status invincibility restored
- (New) Dark Necrobat Stage's slowdown gimmick removed ( :angel: )

Bug report: whenever you defeat the second fase of U-5555 miniboss as X, it will stay in the destruction animation forever instead of continuing.
Uuuuuuuhhh I've never gotten this and have no idea what could've caused it.
Is it BETA 30?
Does it happen every time you try? Under which conditions?
Did you make any manual hex edits?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:12:15 am by acediez »

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2021, 12:41:23 am »
maybe is a bug in your emulator, i use X, X w/Fourth Armor, Ultimate Armor and don't happend this, the U-5555 go away after defeated

Maybe this

TheUnknownHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2021, 12:52:30 am »
Yeah, it's related, and not intentional. I'll upload BETA 31 now with a fix. I hope it's enough.
Uuuuuuuhhh I've never gotten this and have no idea what could've caused it.
Is it BETA 30?
Does it happen every time you try? Under which conditions?
Yes, is in BETA 30 as fourth armor X and i did make some hex edits such as Hide Virus Status UI, Always get both Life Up and Energy Up upgrades and so on. I'm going to redownload the patch and do it again, maybe i did screwed something up in hex editing.

maybe is a bug in your emulator, i use X, X w/Fourth Armor, Ultimate Armor and don't happend this, the U-5555 go away after defeated
Maybe this
I'm using a modded PS3. I'm going to redownload the patch to see if the problem is gone.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:06:11 am by TheUnknownHunter »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2021, 01:09:10 am »
i did make some hex edits
I would recommend keeping a copy of the freshly patched BIN just in case, before you make any changes.

Don't forget to verify you're making the changes in the right place (comparing the data in the address with the "HEX Data Original" sample). I might have made a mistake on the listed addresses too (people here have helped me fix quite a few). And also don't forget to use the ECC/EDC recalculator on the modified BIN.

Let me know if it keeps happening, but by the sound of it (and because we've tested the hack dozens of times and this surely would've showed up by now) it's most likely an problem either because of your edits or from the emulation on your PS3.

TheUnknownHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2021, 01:17:19 am »
I would recommend keeping a copy of the freshly patched BIN just in case, before you make any changes.

Don't forget to verify you're making the changes in the right place (comparing the data in the address with the "HEX Data Original" sample). I might have made a mistake on the listed addresses too (people here have helped me fix quite a few). And also don't forget to use the ECC/EDC recalculator on the modified BIN.

Let me know if it keeps happening, but by the sound of it (and because we've tested the hack dozens of times and this surely would've showed up by now) it's most likely an problem either because of your edits or from the emulation on your PS3.
I'm such an idiot as i forgot to put the bin in the ECC/EDC...sorry, anyways, i'll make sure to follow all steps carefully and test it again. Thanks again, acediez
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:24:40 am by TheUnknownHunter »

kkdavilyn

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 31)
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2021, 01:40:23 am »
all of this is great as always acediez  :thumbsup:

is there any chance with 2.0 that you could add the ultimate armor x4 palette stuff to the readme, as another option since you accomplished the other palette stuff with the incomplete armors?
feel free to say no, you've already done so much stuff, doing it manually with the hex values you gave before would be fine too, im just unsure of how to identify which sets of values to change without messing with unarmored x.

and also shoutouts to aceearly for being a testing mvp

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2021, 03:04:44 am »

v2.0 BETA 31

- (New) Dark Necrobat Stage's slowdown gimmick removed ( :angel: )

thanks!!
I don't know why Capcom put this slowdown, but in Megaman X Collection(no confuse with Megaman X Legacy Collection) this gimmick is remove, so thanks acediez 8)

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2021, 03:08:24 am »
I think the slow is an intended stuff as otherwise the necrobat area 1 would be too empty, and there's a background change that indicate the slow, it's not slowed down randomly, it could be actually the necrobat is using the dark hold moves or he modified the planetarium to be like that. The removal in the ps2 X collection on the other hand might be a port issue as anything else, including X1 and X2, in the collection is forced to be overclocked to 60-ish fps the whole time
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 03:19:27 am by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2021, 03:18:57 am »
I understand that, but sometimes that effect feels annoying, although the programmers should have played more with this effect, since the beginning is something simple, here would put the effect of the enemies appearin, anyway
After a while I review this, that if hoping that there is no other update hehe
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 03:25:12 am by Haruyuki Hyo »

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2021, 03:44:17 am »
I was hoping that but there's yet another bug related to invincibility, I don't know if it's you didn't notice it already before uploading or the game breaks once again due to the latest change, acediez. It shouldn't happen.
Bug Report Beta 31:
- (New) Nova Strike is not invincible now.
- (New) Zero's C Flasher is not invincible now.
Is the code of these properties conflict with the latest change? Or your tool compiled the result wrongly yet again?

And long Suggestion:

1) Go through the whole game conetnt as both X and Zero once after fixed the no invincibillty bug, not just testing specific spots. Especially using the invincible moves and Zero's virus invincibility. Their attributes seem to have some kind of butterfly effect If I wasn't wrong. So these are something you just can't notice by only testing specific spots or only testing a few specific attributes. You can only feel them when going through the whole game content. You know, like the in-game dialogue said.
Despite going through the whole game content may take some time, this not only reduces our reworks but also reduces yours.

2) No more major fresh new functional/mechanic addons from now, we all focus on bug wiping until the very time period when all bugs wiped out, and the mod eventually got submitted. I fear if keep adding mechanics and stuff it would become a struggle much longer than we thought, so it must have a decisive end set by ourselves instead of an infinite loop which bugs just keep rising. If there's any new idea document them in a "to do" text file and save for a future wishilist of a maybe 3.0 or something else.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:06:26 am by Aceearly1993 »

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2021, 03:45:56 am »
Dang. I've been super busy, but I need to check this update out!

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2021, 05:10:20 am »
Wow, what's been going on here? Since I enjoyed X5's Improvement Project Addendum 1.5, I've never looked back, being kinda done with Mega Man. But it seems the hard work has not stopped! Maybe I should revisit the X series...
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2021, 10:58:04 am »
And long Suggestion:

Again - the only bugs left to fix are conflicts with invincibility moves, which have been there since the Falcon Air Dash and F-Splasher modification were first introduced, they were not introduced by any other change I've done after. Only by my attempts to fix those same bugs.

The things I added in between (ride chaser orbs requirement, Necrobat's stage gimmick removal) I only added them because they didn't take much of my time (I did them right after I pushed a fix attempt, while I waited for more bug reports), and only affected their specific stages (it was clear by looking at the code, Necrobat's code literally has a "if stage =" check). Also, these didn't require adding lines of code, only modifying a few existing ones.

I think the slow is an intended stuff as otherwise the necrobat area 1 would be too empty

It's on the readme, you can add it back.

is there any chance with 2.0 that you could add the ultimate armor x4 palette stuff to the readme, as another option since you accomplished the other palette stuff with the incomplete armors?

I posted the values you need to look for and replace a few pages back.
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29471.msg411805#msg411805

v2.0 BETA 32
- Attempt to fix conflicts on invincibility moves

I came up with a different approach to the previous fix attempts, one that doesn't seem to conflict with other invinciblity moves (Zero's virus status, C-Flasher, Nova Strike). I hope it works.
Unfortunately I ran out of tested/usable space, and had to add additional lines of code for this on an untested block of space. If anything weird comes up now is because of this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 10:21:29 pm by acediez »

hawluchamyterio

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 32)
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2021, 03:47:48 pm »
Hi acediez, I love all the work you have done with this Improvement Project, it's amazing.

I have a problem, when I apply the "All Music Changes Except Opening" patch to my rom something strange happens, sounds like a cassette play with the music all the time. Can you fix it, please?

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0 BETA 32)
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2021, 10:01:48 pm »
Hi acediez, I love all the work you have done with this Improvement Project, it's amazing.

I have a problem, when I apply the "All Music Changes Except Opening" patch to my rom something strange happens, sounds like a cassette play with the music all the time. Can you fix it, please?
Thanks!

I'm not getting this issue, so I need you to verify things on your end too.

Which emulator/system are you playing on?
Which version of the patch is it?
If it's not the latest, did you check if the issue still happens on the latest version?
Did you make any manual edits from the readme?
If you did, did you check if the issue happens on a freshly patched build?