Solid list of ideas, thanks.
I'm not actively working on this for the time being, but I'll comment on the merits of the ideas being doable/something I'd be interested in.
- Fix the ranking system of the game. The factors it takes to up your rank is ridiculous, with the worst one being that you have to NOT kill enemies in order to rank up. Like, WTF? Also, Zero's rank shouldn't also go down when touching the Sigma or Zero Viruses since it makes him stronger.
- Make Spiral Pegasus take damage bit by bit from a charged Dark Hold when used by X since charged shots aren't enough.
- Make Gaea Armor be equipped with 2 parts like the rest of the X armors.
- The Ride Chaser should always be on Rapid Fire, even if the option isn't turned on for you.Debatable... balance related.
- When getting the Ultimate Armor as X in the secret capsule, have him equip it immediately instead of going back to the Stage Select screen to do so.
- X getting Light Capsules overrides the Armor he currently has. So for example you have the Fourth Armor on and you get the Leg Parts for the Falcon Armor, the sprite X has now goes back to being regular X BUT you can now fly with it but not the other features of the Falcon Armor.Tricky. Depends on how the game handles character data and armor sprites. I haven't looked at it in X5 directly, but it might not be exactly the same as X6.
X6's tweaks mod did it, so can you. Yeah, I would know about that
- Have the unused soundtrack be playable in the Sound Test.
- Have the full version of the US X5 opening in the title screen.I'm done with the music stuff...
- Make the breakable ceiling in Tidal Whale's stage with the E-Blade be breakable with X too with the charged Tri-Thunder to reduce backtracking.Good idea. Doesn't sound too hard to implement.
- Change W-Shredder's required input from "Dash + Attack" to "Dash + Special Attack" so that Zero players can still use the Saber Dash Cancel trick after beating Spiral Pegasus.Already addressed. Check the hex edits notes in the readme.
- Make the erupting lava in Burn Dinorex's stage be prone to the Dark Hold.I have an idea on how it could be achieved, but I'm not sure...
- If all parts of the shuttle are gotten, then the percentage of the success rate should be 100% to not lose Zero.Agree. Already discussed in previous posts.
- The credits can be skipped or sped up.Not too important IMO.
- Make the full names of the weapons displayable.Graphic changes like these would be at the bottom of my priorities, but yeah, doable.
- Lessen the HP of the boss re-fights. They're tedious to fight with that amount of HP when not using the Ultimate Armor. Keep it that way when on Xtreme Mode instead.This is one I feel very strongly about, and something I already started doing on X6. I would love to do a full rebalance of boss' lifebar and attacks. Shorter life bars, more damage per attack. Let battles be test of skill, not of patience. It's not a hard job to do, it's just incredibly tedious and time consuming.