News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hello, any info on snes ZAMN?  (Read 209 times)

gia257

• View Profile
Hello, any info on snes ZAMN?
« on: October 19, 2019, 03:12:09 pm »
Hi, does anyone know if there's ever a compilation of info for zombies ate my neighbors for snes? I can tell people researched the map data for there's a editor but that's all I know.

Personally, I'd like to have the bgm replaced, so general pointers on that would be appreciated (including how to write music for I am no musician).

I can use google search, just making this an intro in case I can get more condensed results.  :)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, any info on snes ZAMN?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 10:50:32 am »
While there might be general information available, I doubt there is much documentation about the music.

I would say that music replacement hacks are very rare, but it is not uncommon to find MSU-1 hacks for the SNES.  As I understand it, these basically involve finding the instruction in the game that normally starts music playing and replacing it with a new instruction that will cause the game to start playing music from an external file – and then you can put pretty much whatever you want in those external files.

Hacks that make changes using the existing music engine are much more difficult.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!