News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: New Super Castlevania IV hack is out!  (Read 1046 times)

Allerius

• View Profile
New Super Castlevania IV hack is out!
« on: October 10, 2019, 01:52:51 pm »
Hi, I'm new here. I just finished posting a hack for Super Castlevania IV (Alter Quest) on these forums, and decided to post a new topic here as the "Tutorial: How to get your hack noticed" thread suggests. I'm eager to see if the community will approve it, but please take it easy on me people, it's my first hack.  :)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Re: New Super Castlevania IV hack is out!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:31:13 am »
Might wanna post the hack here or at least the link to see it here.

Allerius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 05:04:31 pm »
Yes, yes, of course. Thanks for the reply. The link is the following:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4716/

This is a hack for SNES's Super Castlevania IV and it features many balance changes and a few graphical and layout changes aswell. It's supposed to be a third quest after the player has beat the two of the original game. Two strong points of this version are that it has stats and movement changes for the bosses, and that it has balance changes for the subweapons as well.

Trumpster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 07:02:53 pm »
Hi, I'm new here. I just finished posting a hack for Super Castlevania IV (Alter Quest) on these forums, and decided to post a new topic here as the "Tutorial: How to get your hack noticed" thread suggests. I'm eager to see if the community will approve it, but please take it easy on me people, it's my first hack.  :)

Welcome, man! I'm new here too! And your hack is one of the reasons I became a member. So I could write positive reviews to hacks like your! I'm glad. See you. Leo.
Make the Blue Bumber Great Again

Allerius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 02:18:14 pm »
Welcome, man! I'm new here too! And your hack is one of the reasons I became a member. So I could write positive reviews to hacks like your! I'm glad. See you. Leo.

Thank you for your kind comment! It took me more than an year to complete this hack and it's great to know that someone liked it.

Allerius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 07:42:34 am »
There's a new version to this hack. It can be downloaded in the same link.

Allerius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 03:14:21 pm »
Version 1.2 of this hack has been released. Changes include buffs for the knife and cross subweapons, the inclusion of a new book platform at the Library stage (that is critical to make sure players have where to jump to) and the addition of hearts and extra lives through the game.

This is supposed to be the final version of "Alter Quest". It can be downloaded via the following link:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4716/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:43:09 pm by Allerius »

Allerius

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 10:11:49 am »
Released version 1.2b of this hack two days ago. This patch was needed to fix a bug that happened if the player decided to go down the stairs in stage 9-2-5, what would crash the game. Now it correctly leads back to the previous stage.