News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation  (Read 2786 times)

JUg

• View Profile
Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation
« on: January 19, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »
(2015 year old message)
Hi everyone, first timer here. Didn't want to actually come here with my project without having done work on it. So I began translating Dragon Quest Battleroad victory on the wii and let me tell you it's colossal work. Most of the menu and battle texts are actually pictures and so I had to make a picture for each word, phrase, spell and menu item that needed translating and I'm still far from done, but a good chunk of the menus is done.

(2020 Update)
Can't belive it's been 5 years since I started this project. Unfortunatly, it didn't amount to anything because I wasn't able to gather the help for translating and modifying files. In those 5 years, however, I did pick a few more skills and now thanks to some folks on the Facebook group Dragon Questers, this project can finally move along. So I did lose everything I did back then, but the good news is that I'm doing way faster now with those new skills. I'll try to update as much I can and when possible, but you know, life and all.

Project screenshots :

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:53:09 pm by JUg »

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
    • My personal site with Rom Hacks&Translations,Neo Geo Soundtracks,PSX Isos,CT 2007 Hack and more...t
Re: Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:35 am »
Oh my god, this news made my day! I was planning to play this without knowing what's going on but now I'll surely wait for this! THANK YOU SO MUCH AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Hubz

• LEVEL - 99++
    • View Profile
    • Spooky Tornado Studio
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:34:20 pm »
Man I cannot wait for this to be translated. Keep up the great work!
- Hubz

JUg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:53:54 pm »
Reviving my topic from 5 years ago. Because now we're really moving forward with the project.

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
    • My personal site with Rom Hacks&Translations,Neo Geo Soundtracks,PSX Isos,CT 2007 Hack and more...t
« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:07:36 am »
Reviving my topic from 5 years ago. Because now we're really moving forward with the project.

This is what I call good news. I'm still waiting with my copy of the game and region hacked wii. Can't wait to play it! :thumbsup:

Choppasmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:59:59 am »
Congrats on the update. I know all too well what it's like when you can't move forward on a DQ project because no one seems interested in translating (looking at you Fortune Street Special!)

Can't wait to see this done!