Is it a Ninja Turtles game? Is it a Streets of Rage game? Is it a Ninja Turtles game sitting on a Streets of Rage engine? You decide!
A year after the first rage, Mr. X has kidnapped Adam in the hopes of trapping and ruthlessly murdering Blaze and Axel. Along with Adam’s brother Skate and fellow Rager Max, the SoR team follows four radical reptiles on their quest to save April… er… Adam. Will the Heroes in a Halfshell fly off toward the sun victorious? Or will the Syndicate prove more capable and deadly than the Foot Clan…?
This romhack starts off by building on Carzj’s original and phenomenal TMNT Edition
hack and applies certain censorship and translation fixes brought to light via SCD’s Restoration
hack. Those restorations include:
- Garcia, Garuda, and Mosquito names
- Enemy knockouts counter
- Mr. X's cigar and cigar animation
- Unused track "Little Money Avenue" (placed on Stage 3)
Taking things a step further, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles… of Rage
adds the following to that compilation:
- Completely swaps out the SoR2 title screen in favor of a new TMNT one!
- Provides portraits of the TMNT within the player select screen, those portraits being based on the SNES Turtles in Time game.
- Revises the name sprite tiles on the player select screen to display “MIKE”, “LEO”, “DON”, and “RAPH”.
- Adds oodles of lives to the options menu!
- Applies shadows to a selection of more commonly used player sprites, to reduce that “floating” feel in game.
- Sets up limited air/juggle combo possibilities, thanks to character physics hex editing tutorials written by Dha Lau Hoo and Metal64.
Special “Booyakasha!” thanks to Carzj and SCD for their great hacks, as well as Dha Lau Hoo for portraits, air/juggle combos, and player select screen tutorials/guidance, plus Wake for the assist formatting the portrait palette.
And… a big “Cowabunga!” to MarkeyJester, RadioShadow, and Reaper Man as well for all their guidance on inserting the new title screen!
Go Green Machine!RHDN Project PageRelevant Link