News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: American English Translation Patch - The Constellation Nerdulus  (Read 3274 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Tom

The Constellation Nerdulus is the American English translation of Otaku no Seiza, a turn-based Japanese RPG for the Famicom.

The patch is available to download now.

The plot involves a matriarchal society in which men are mocked as nerds and women reign supreme. The protagonist sets out to prove that he's a real man and put the women of the world in their place by courting the Goddess herself... if the roaving fiends and the powerful Daughters of Aurora don't stop him first.

The hacking was done by Pennywise of Stardust Crusaders Translations, the script was translated by Tom, and the title screen was created by Flash PV.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

seraph

• View Profile
Thanks! I really wanted to play it for a long time :)

aqualung

• View Profile
Congratulations, Pennywise, Tom and FlashPV! Thanks a lot for giving us the chance to enjoy another Japanese only rpg. I was looking forward to this one in particular  :woot!:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:37:33 pm by aqualung »

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Apparently there's an issue with hard saves not working. It's probably a simple fix that I'll look into later.

I believe the issue is that the NES header has the battery backed saves disabled for some reason. Checking against bootgod and the game is supposed to have a battery. So all that is required is simple change to the header. Should really only those trying to play on hardware.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 06:05:59 pm by Pennywise »

Hemlock

• View Profile
This sounds so strange, ridiculous, intriguing, and completely out of the left field all at the same time. Needless to say, I'm definitely gonna play this!

Griever_GF

• View Profile
Otaku no Seiza - Sounds Good
Constellation Nerdulus - WTF is this game??
Still it's really good that Otaku no Seiza is translated  :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:17:43 am by Tom »

Old_gamer

• View Profile
Looks good. I'll ask,but how do I extract the file to apply the patch? Can this be done on an android phone?

aqualung

• View Profile
On my way to defeat the third daughter of Aurora. No bugs or typos found so far (running it on what I think it's the latest version of Virtuanes for Windows).

I'm using a no random encounters cheat code, for when the encounter ratio overwhelms me or for when I want to explore the surroundings a little without being pestered by enemies. A really nice game for the time it was released!

September 05, 2019, 08:49:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Euuuuh... people.... I think I've screwed up my game. I'm against the third daughter of Aurora, and (the rest in spoilers)

Spoiler:
I can't obtain the timer for the explosive 64. I've killed Uganda and I've recovered the explosive 64. I've checked a guide that says that you have to talk with a character in a small village east of Recipius, and after talking to him several times, he gives you the timer. Well, I've talked more than 30 times in a row with every character in that village, and nobody gives me the timer.

There are two particular guys there which I think one of them is supposed to give it to me. One is an old man who mumbles something about "feeling an absence, a lack of love", and the other says "the explosive is useless without the timer attached". But both keep saying the same to me, no matter how many time I speak to them.

I suppose I need that item to activate the bomb or I cannot proceed in the game, isn't it? I've some backups, but I've tried resuming from there and I can still can't get the damned timer (perhaps I was supposed to acquire the timer before killing Uganda? Or before adding Nekketsu to my party? If that's the case, I'm screwed. In all the backups, I've already killed Uganda and have Nekketsu).

Help, please. I'd hate having to start from the beginning again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:22:04 pm by aqualung »

Tom

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:17:25 am by Tom »

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: Translations: American English Translation Patch - The Constellation Nerdulus
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 11:33:04 pm »

Spoiler:
*Exhales alleviated* Thanks, Tom, I thought I had screwed it up. I already had both swords, and equipping them crossed my mind. In fact I tried doing so and talking to the old man, but It didn't work. I think I didn't equip them in the correct order, putting the sword of candor on the main character and the sword of love on Jon Jon. I couldn't fathom both swords had to be in a specific character.

The truth is... I was so desperate (and in fact I wasn't expecting such a quick reply) that I've used a cheat to hardcode the Timer directly into a slot in the item list, hahaha (the misinformation on the guide I found lead me to believe my game was glitched). Apparently, doing this has worked ok with no adverse effects. I've put the timer in a slot where I had a pure mint, so as not to f*ck up any vital item.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Tom  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:33:31 pm by aqualung »

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Translations: American English Translation Patch - The Constellation Nerdulus
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 03:49:49 am »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:17:00 am by Tom »

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 03:58:09 am »
Beaten it legitimately, but that event stumped me for a bit as well. As a side note, you can "lose" in this game without dying in some specific situations. Not gonna spoil what happens, but that's something I don't think I've ever seen in any RPGs from that era!

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 08:05:19 am »
that is such a sad plot...

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 11:52:01 am »
Beaten it legitimately, but that event stumped me for a bit as well. As a side note, you can "lose" in this game without dying in some specific situations. Not gonna spoil what happens, but that's something I don't think I've ever seen in any RPGs from that era!

Really? That sounds interesting. I only remember a nes rpg where you could obtain a game over outside of battles, and it's Final Fantasy III (you could fall into an abyss while walking on the overworld, and you're also killed instantly by some statues if you try to pass through them. Both situations lead you to an instant game over, the same as if you had lost a regular battle).

September 06, 2019, 02:37:51 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
that is such a sad plot...

Well, it's a parody game. You can't expect it to have a really serious plot  ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:38:43 pm by aqualung »

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 10:25:58 pm »
Thanks so much, guys! :)  Can't be possible I've been unaware of this release.  I hope to play it ASAP.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 07:42:02 am »
... Is no one else going to comment on how insanely sexist this is?

KobaBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 07:51:14 am »
I honestly was gonna but then I was worried I'd have someone yelling at me for being "too PC" or whatever.

Nonetheless, super good job. Looking forward to more patches, but please don't overwork yourself.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 11:06:10 am »
Yes, the game is politically incorrect, but I wouldn't consider it mean-spirited. If that bothers people then they don't have to play it.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 12:15:32 pm »

Sure it is. The sky is also blue.

But why comment on the obvious?  :laugh:

September 07, 2019, 12:22:16 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I honestly was gonna but then I was worried I'd have someone yelling at me for being "too PC" or whatever.

It's not my business to judge you or the people who made the game.

I just wanted to provide the translation for everyone as-is.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:22:16 pm by Tom »