News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A Cool NES Handheld From China...  (Read 423 times)

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
A Cool NES Handheld From China...
« on: August 24, 2019, 03:16:39 pm »
I bumped into this YouTube video at the end of last month, this handheld has 200 NES games in it. So when I saw that the handheld has a Mario Kart hack, Metal Slug Advance and the Crash Bandicoot bootleg, I hadda buy it. I found this this site that sells it for about 20 USD, which to me it's a steal! I received mine a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it, usually these kinda handhelds get a bad rap, but this one is really legit, whee! :D

It took about three weeks for me to get the handheld in the mail. :cookie:

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
Re: A Cool NES Handheld From China...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 04:42:27 pm »
It's certainly got to do with the costs, but I've yet to see one of these dedicated bootleg handhelds that has a proper screen for the system it is emulating. The pixels are rarely 1:1 and often cropped. It hurts my eyes.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 12:40:20 am »
It's certainly got to do with the costs, but I've yet to see one of these dedicated bootleg handhelds that has a proper screen for the system it is emulating. The pixels are rarely 1:1 and often cropped. It hurts my eyes.
Not to mention that even some really cool ideas like the ODroid Go have a 30 FPS screen for 60 FPS software.  That also means plenty of screen tearing.  'Course, on that project in particular you could probably replace the screen if you knew where to find one.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 12:47:02 am »
You got that right. I was researching this subject today due to this thread and it is just sad. Some systems actually look nice (the plastic), and the screens are colorful, etc, but yikes. Screen tearing is ugly.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 02:00:43 am »
Might be better off getting a Vita at that rate lol

https://obscurehandhelds.com/ has a lot of decent info on Android handhelds from China though