News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My untitled Megaman 1 hack  (Read 11175 times)

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
Re: My untitled Megaman 1 hack
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 08:55:02 pm »
  Passing by to show off some screenshots of my improvements with custom art and palettes, and to say that the hack is almost done. I am done with Wily 2~

Have some screenshots and give me your opinions about them~

Also, the set of custom robot masters is done. They are (in order): Boomerang Man, Golem Man, Color Man, Dynamite Man, Volcano Man and Discharge Man. I just have to find a way to put their names in there properly :p

Sniper Joe's and Dynamite Man's sprites by Red-Bun.

I welcome your feedback. Peace~

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2020, 10:54:58 pm »
I literally just saw this hack for the first time today and it looks absolutely amazing! The sprite work shown off here is top notch and the level design looks pretty good too, especially when you're working with Mega Man 1's limitations. The only problems I have (as a newcomer to this project but a avid and long-time Mega Man fan) are a few of the special weapon colors and (formerly) Bomb Man's powerup. just a quick nitpick here: "Bomb" Man's new bombs don't seem to be adjusted correctly to the original hitboxes, so unless they've been altered this may cause some issues. Also the purple and tan costume and the red and green costume don't seem to fit with the rest of the aesthetic IMO, maybe Purple and Light Yellow and Red and Dark Orange perhaps? Otherwise, everything else is stunning, from the original pixel art to the other palette choices to the new Robot Masters.......All I can say is keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 11:48:23 pm »
 I am honestly glad to know that I am not the only one that though that these two palettes looked abit odd back then :p
  Don't worry about the dynamite weapon. The weapon works diferently in game to the point of making the hitbox irrelevant.   
  Thank you very, very much for the nice words! They are very important to me~

CasualChris

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 02:20:59 pm »
Been playing for less than 30 minutes and already found out that TundMan can glitch out of the arena into the ceiling because of the way the room is made up, making the fight unwinnable if you don't have anything that can hit him up there (which I don't), forcing a reset.  :-\

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2020, 03:57:07 pm »
 Ok. I am pretty sure it might be because of the higher platform on the left. Another note for V1.2. Thank you.

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2020, 09:54:47 pm »
Left a review that should help and encourage you. If it doesn't show in the next few days, I'll reiterate my points here. The gist is that it is an excellent hack and a model others should follow. It isn't perfect, but its holistic nature (i.e. you changed/improved just about everything in the original game, making a whole new one) is something that more ROM hackers should aspire to do.
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 01:59:02 pm »
  Thank you very, very much dude~ I read the review too. I gathered some notes to improve the game for V1.2, which are: Rework Wily 3 completly, fix the palette in Thunder Man stage, fix the little issue with the 5 on screen shots, make Hunt Man's weapon have 14 shots, buff Pyro Man's weapon slightly, remove the little arc from Tint Man's weapon to make it easier to hit with, probably remove the pause trick, and a few tweaks like removing all the ladder climbing/jumping sections. There are probably more stuff that need some tweaks, but I can't remember right now. One that I am very uncertain is about the sprites. A considerable number of people did not liked my changes on Megaman sprites (both the removal of black outlines and the sprite itself), while others loved it. I still do not know what to do about that one. Most of them did not said a reason to why they desliked it at all. Someone said that the sprites clashes alot because of it, which absolutely nobody on discord complained. Gathering feedback is being tough :p

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 03:17:56 pm »
This looks really good Timaeus. I will check it out this week.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards