News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 883 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: July 29, 2019, 09:26:40 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Dutch
English
French
Indonesian
Polish
Spanish

Relevant Link

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 12:00:24 pm »
Not sure why for some reason I thought Chaos Rush' FF1 translation was MSX. That's probably not going to happen, I assume. :D A lot more of a technical hurdle. :) (looks like the Famicom game with more colors and more loading time anyways)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Chaos Rush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 04:28:43 pm »
Not sure why for some reason I thought Chaos Rush' FF1 translation was MSX. That's probably not going to happen, I assume. :D A lot more of a technical hurdle. :) (looks like the Famicom game with more colors and more loading time anyways)
Yeah I don’t think I’ll do anything for the MSX version, sorry  :P

However at some point I want to see what I can do for the WSC version. It appeals to me because it seems to keep the original gameplay mechanics unlike the GBA version. (There’s also the PS1 version too but that ain’t easy to emulate on portable devices lol)

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 05:25:04 am »
However at some point I want to see what I can do for the WSC version. It appeals to me because it seems to keep the original gameplay mechanics unlike the GBA version. (There’s also the PS1 version too but that ain’t easy to emulate on portable devices lol)
I'm pretty sure the other remakes (PS1, GBA) are based of the WSC version which is the "original" remake.

Chaos Rush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 09:45:45 am »
I'm pretty sure the other remakes (PS1, GBA) are based of the WSC version which is the "original" remake.
I’m aware of that but the GBA version changed the MP system to that of later FF games and stats of enemies were modified, and overall it’s a lot easier. Still a good game but it’s not exactly FF1 anymore, while the WSC version gameplay-wise is the same as the original FC/NES game but with bugs fixed, it even retains the original MP system unlike the GBA version.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 08:46:57 pm »
GBA also added a lot of items that didn't exist in the original game while WSC/PS1 I believe stuck to the original (only six consumable items: Potion, Antidote, Golden Needle and the full tent line (as crazy as it is to think we had three sleep items of all things :P )
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018