News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: HD Mode 7 is on bsnes v108!  (Read 987 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
HD Mode 7 is on bsnes v108!
« on: July 28, 2019, 07:34:42 pm »
https://byuu.org/?bsnes_v108

This function has been in beta for a while, but now it's official.  Along with the de-facto GB/GBC emulator in accuracy for Super Game Boy.

Want to see HD Mode 7 in action before trying it out?  There's been a few youtube videos about it, but here's some Mario Kart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENSHj7p3cM

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: HD Mode 7 is on bsnes v108!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 03:48:14 pm »
There's some groups on Facebook that was talking how HD Mode 7 on bsnes, I saw a clip of Actraiser, or Actraiser 2, I can't remember. But it did look cool, unless I'm thinking it was Pilotwings I saw.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:46:22 pm »
I'll have to check out Super Game Boy Donkey Kong. How it compares to the old days.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 08:24:05 pm »
I'll have to check out Super Game Boy Donkey Kong. How it compares to the old days.

It's a great game, no questions there – but I think it's been emulated with perfectly reasonable accuracy (complete with all of its SGB features) for a long time now.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

#

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 01:33:55 pm »
I tried the beta a while ago, and while Mario Kart looked great, another game (one of the F1 racing games I think) just went to black when mode 7 graphics were on screen. I'll have to try again to see if it works now.

Polargames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 04:35:03 pm »
So far it plays very well, I tested a few games on it and I have to say its cool to play games in 16-Bit HD lol. :-D

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 02:02:22 pm »
And now we have Bsnes HD as a Libretro Core.  All other bsnes cores are of much older versions, so just ignore that nightmare and download that one from the updater.  One thing of note is that it's faster than even mercury with all the speed settings, so you should try it even if you're on mobile and don't want the HD turned on.  For me it's just a straight upgrade from Snes9x.

This also means mobile is on pretty much the same page as PC in the accuracy of most nintendo consoles now, since Mesen is also in Libretro.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:41:06 pm by Chronosplit »

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 10:20:43 pm »
For me it's just a straight upgrade from Snes9x.

I don't know if I'm just doing something completely wrong here, but Snes9x supports battery-backed saves. Bsnes HD does not seem capable of doing that. Is there some option I have to switch on? The heck?
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 09:20:44 am »
I don't know if I'm just doing something completely wrong here, but Snes9x supports battery-backed saves. Bsnes HD does not seem capable of doing that. Is there some option I have to switch on? The heck?
Odd.  It should support the same format as 9x and everything, both standalone and hte RA core worked just fine with saves.