News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe, and Mike (Alpha Style)  (Read 8171 times)

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
Re: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, Mike and Ryu from SF1 sprite sheets... Alpha style!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 10:00:11 pm »
Ok, I'm going to take on the challenge of finishing this thing up. I've just finished Lee's sprite sheet, I just need to add a visual description of the supers, but I can get to that later. Working on adding Joe's belt right now. Then I want to fine tune Mike. Then hopefully I can finish Geki, then Retsu (Retsu will probably take the most work).

1 down, 4 to go:

speaking of Joe, fine tuned some of his sprites and tried to fix the walking, middle punch, and heavy kick animations as well as some of the shading... Was trying to wait until I completely finished the sprite sheet, but couldn't resist. I added the belt to most of the sprites today, hopefully I can have it done tomorrow. Just needed to add one more frame to the jump spin kick as well:

EDIT 10/22/2020

Almost done, just have the 8 sprites at the bottom to do. Lol adding this belt is time consuming, but I've also touched up a lot of the sprites as I've been going.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:22:38 pm by sil3nt_j »

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe, and Mike (Alpha Style)
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 12:43:19 am »
That's lookin' great! I need to learn how to use MUGEN so I can use to make my dream remake of SF1.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »
Thanks Vanya.

Hehe, and here it is. Joe 100% finished. Not to brag, but I have to say, I am pretty happy with the way this came out. I worked my ASS off on this. It would be cool to see him playable one day.

2 down, 3 to go:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:12:19 pm by sil3nt_j »

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 02:17:24 pm »
This looks incredible.
On the topic of dream Mugen stuff, I'd like to see the roster of Alpha 3 Upper and some Street Fighter 3 characters added in the Alpha art style (Alex, Makoto, Dudley, Yang, Yun and Ibuki).

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2020, 08:15:07 pm »
Lol well thanks man.

Yeah, my ultimate goal is to see SF1 finally remade. But if we can't have that just yet, maybe SFA3 with a few extra characters would be good. I mentioned the idea of a SF1 remake a while back and some loved it, and some said exactly what you did about just adding them to the Alpha 3 roster. Honestly, as long as they can give them a good stage (preferably an update to their SF1 stages) I'd be okay with that.

I know Yun was in Capcom vs SNK and one of the SFA3 games so he and Yang would be easy to add. And then we had Eagle in one of those games. So we could theoretically have Yun, Yang, Eagle, Lee, and Joe now. Also, there's Maki.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 10:39:18 pm »
Eagle was Capcom vs SNK.
Really nice sprites, but like Ryu, Ken, and Bison, they were in a slightly different style. Similar to Alpha but more stiff/"mature" if that makes any sense.

There are already a couple of SF1 remakes for MUGEN, but they stick to the original graphics mostly.
My favorite one so far is the one that has Cody as secret character that can only be accessed via random select. An updated version of that with new graphics would be good enough to satisfy me since it has all the bells and whistles already.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2020, 11:09:55 pm »
I know Eagle debuted in Capcom vs SNK 2, but I remember very distinctively that he was also in a version of Street Fighter Alpha 3. I don't think they redrew him, they just cut and pasted him from Capcom vs SNK. Not sure what people thought about him and Maki being in that game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itltcV3kQWY

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 03:50:24 am »
He is, along with Maki, in the PSP port of Alpha 3 (Max or Double Upper, depending on region).

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 08:00:28 am »
Same sprites? Not scaled down or anything, I don't recall?

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 05:47:56 pm »
I think so. People were saying they were over sized and I could see Maki and Yun being too big for the game. Idk, maybe Maki is big like Hulk Hogan's daughter Brooke? Also I remember seeing a little bit of debate over Eagle and whether or not he was too big for the game. He was the same size as Ryu in SF1, but people were saying, maybe he's just tall? He's still shorter than Sagat, so maybe Eagle was around 6'8"?  Seems like of the CVS characters copied and pasted, he was the most believable.

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 05:49:38 pm »
Same sprites? Not scaled down or anything, I don't recall?

I think they may be slightly scaled (ported from CvS2 in Eagle's case) but I don't remember either.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 07:28:53 pm »
Hehe, and Mike is 100% FINISHED! Fuck yeah. I fine tuned a lot of the animations and sprites and added these:

Also, here is the final Sprite Sheet. 3 down, 2 to go!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 09:12:38 pm by sil3nt_j »

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 06:59:53 pm »
Major update to Geki, still need to add the claw to a lot of these, but I would say he is about 50% finished. Special thank you to Shubuster for rippingthe Stirder sprite sheet and to T0misaurus for the Guy sprites. More to come, stay tuned, thanks for all of the views:

November 19, 2020, 07:47:58 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Another update. As with the other characters, I'll merge it all together when it's done. Thanks this time to Grim and Bonzai for the Sabertooth sprite sheet I used for the slashes. Also, a special thanks to Supaman2525, Count Monte, and Bloodbane for the Martial Masters sprites for Monkey Boy. Idk why, but I decided to look at that those sprites to see if there were any good ones for Geki. I think his kicks will suit him well. It's going to take a lot of recoloring, but hoping to have him done by the end of the year. Just wanted everyone to see the direction I was taking him in. The goal is to make him different from Strider, Guy, and Ibuki, the other 2D Capcom Ninjas.

Now for the updates:
- 1st 3 rows, changed the Strider sword slashes to the claw slashes.
- 4th row, switched the feet to make the animation make more sense
- 5th row, made the arms bigger, and changed the smoke bomb animation
- The rest of the rows are the Monkey Man sprites. I've already recolored the clothes and switched the head. Super excited to do these.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:47:59 pm by sil3nt_j »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 12:47:34 am »
Nice! He's coming along really well.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2020, 10:55:20 pm »
Ha well thanks man. Btw, if anyone has suggestions, wouldn't mind hearing them.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 06:47:56 pm »
My only suggestion is to always make sure if you reuse any effects or graphics from other games that you treat them as a base and heavily edit them until they are mostly if not totally unrecognizable.
However, you're already doing that pretty damn well. :D

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 11:12:02 pm »
Well thanks man, I appreciate that, this has taken a long time to make. It's mainly Strider and Guy I've used. I've just realized that I forgot have any kind of throw sprites for him, so this is what I'm probably going to do for his throw, just because no other Street Fighter characters have it (credit to darkred88 for the jill sprites):

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 12:25:28 am »
Good choice! I think that will make for an interesting animation.

foiopaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 09:11:01 am »
This is coming along beautifully! Keep it up, dude!  :woot!: :thumbsup:

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2020, 09:53:32 pm »
Well thanks dudes. Some more progress on Geki. Next step is to finish the shoes, then edit the shirt and add the net thing under his shirt, and then edit the belt. Hopefully he won't ta,ke much longer. Credit to Croix for the Wolverine sprites. Those are what I'm planning for the jumping and crouching HP. For the jumping LP, will probably just be the star throw animation but without the star :p Happy Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2020, 10:07:02 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:27:12 pm by sil3nt_j »