News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I WANT TO TRANSLATE SEGA SATURN GAMES!!  (Read 516 times)

CmChess

• View Profile
I WANT TO TRANSLATE SEGA SATURN GAMES!!
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:46:12 pm »
I want to translate SEGA Saturn games. I really do. My first time playing a Saturn was only a few years ago, so I'm not in any way an alumnus. learning recently that  many games, Amazing looking games at that, were not ported and translated to the states breaks my heart. I, myself, would love to remedy this! I have recently come into an exponential amount of free time.
I sadly do not know where to start... If anyone could let me know SPECIFICS on where to start my long and arduous journey I would be most appreciative. Anyone who has experience in at least attempting Saturn translations, your input would also be appreciated. 

Mr_Conan

• View Profile
Re: I WANT TO TRANSLATE SEGA SATURN GAMES!!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 12:48:41 pm »
Also you will likely need to understand how the sega saturns vdp’s and other hardware work:
https://antime.kapsi.fi/sega/docs.html

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »
File this under "if this was at all easy to do, everyone would already be doing it".

If anyone could let me know SPECIFICS on where to start my long and arduous journey I would be most appreciative.
The best way to get specifics is to start with specifics.

Is there an untranslated Japanese Saturn game that particularly interests you?  Because it's quite possible that most of the things that apply to one Saturn game will not apply at all to a different Saturn game.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

CmChess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 07:21:00 pm »
File this under "if this was at all easy to do, everyone would already be doing it".
Is there an untranslated Japanese Saturn game that particularly interests you?
It sucks that there is no simple way to translate games. I'm willing to try.
As for games, well, I mainly was looking at a few RPG's.

"Wachenroder" looks like a great tactics game.
I was looking into the Samurai Shodown RPG "Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidō Retsuden".
Also both of the "Devil Summoner" games.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:27:13 pm by CmChess »