News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: FF1 Dynamic Action patch question  (Read 644 times)

Manall

• INFP Musician & Tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • The Shyster Cave
FF1 Dynamic Action patch question
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:37:18 pm »
Everything works great, save one relatively minor thing. I noticed when at least one character is dead, sometimes monsters will not act that turn.

I tried counting out everyone’s turns just to make sure I wasn’t crazy, and am assuming for some reason this means the monster tried to attack the dead guy and failed.

Pretty sure this is it since the odds increased with more dead party members. Anybody have an idea?

P.S. plugging one more question - is it possible to show a message for poison damage? 16% is kind of a lot to have sneak up on ya. ;)

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: FF1 Dynamic Action patch question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:39:11 pm »
For what it's worth, I'm planning to add the dynamic battle idea to my branch of the MMC5 Disassembly project.
However, I plan to rebuild it from scratch since Jiggers already made some of the changes to the battle system like auto-targetting and a stat based turn order.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:21:29 am by Vanya »

Jiggers

• View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Page
Re: FF1 Dynamic Action patch question
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 02:08:47 am »
I'm a little swamped this week and next (stupid summer vacation things messing up my daily routines!) but if you're able to make a disassembly of your rom I'd be willing to try having a go at making my poison messaging work. I still don't know what programs you'd use to do that.

If you're just using the Dynamic Action Patch, I'll look into doing it myself. If you have other changes, though, it'd be best if you did it and put it up on Pastebin or something (if that's legal) so I can grab it.

I figure I can compare it to the original disassembly and my own, and hopefully work out if there's space... *shrug* No guarantees, but its a start.
I know exactly what I'm doing. I just don't know what effect it's going to have.

I wrote some NES music! Its a legal ROM file. - I got a Ko-Fi page too.