News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Is there any interest in a translation patch for Final Fantasy Adventure?  (Read 6958 times)

TheDanaAddams

• View Profile
@PowerPanda Those look fantastic!
My fave definitely has to be the Adventures of Mana one, since that *is* what the 'remastered' version called it. Sword of Mana is a very different reimagining.

Masaru

• i want to know diasm and c++
    • View Profile
I made some mockups of my original idea of the title screens would look if we use the original "Seiken Densetsu" name
https://imgur.com/wOvdwi2
https://imgur.com/XLiNLLr
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:42:18 pm by Masaru »

PowerPanda

• View Profile
Here is a screenshot from the rom itself. I was able to do "Sword of Mana - A Final Fantasy Adventure" without rearranging any tiles. "Adventures of Mana" will require someone willing to do the tile mapping for me. I've never worked with Gameboy romhacking, and don't plan to learn ASM for just this one title screen.

IPS Patch Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BFJFQYisdTbHHFZ2bFN3ekh68JJg-gO-/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Looks like someone else did Adventures of Mana, but with a different font style.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4570/#Sections
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 05:56:17 pm by PowerPanda »

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
Ignore whatever I wrote before editing.

I guess titling the hack Sword of Mana works from the point of view of it being the first game faithfully localized before the remakes ever existed, because yep, the original title refers to a sword.

Could that subtitle be written in one line or it doesn't fit?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:43:44 pm by Heaven Piercing Man »

PowerPanda

• View Profile
I'm going with "Sword of Mana" because I think it's the best translation.  I was also able to do it without any tile rearrangement. I think I'm going to put out 3 versions:
Sword of Mana - A Final Fantasy Adventure (for US nostalgia)
Sword of Mana - The Mystic Quest (for EU nostalgia)
Sword of Mana (no subtitle)

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
EDIT 2: Looks like someone else did Adventures of Mana, but with a different font style.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4570/#Sections

Yours is much better. I'm sold.

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Huh, I had no idea about this project at all. Talk about coincidental timing! Well, I only made mine because Square Enix didn't bother changing the title screen for FF Adventure in Collection of Mana.

While I'm proud of what I've done, I honestly don't like the original FF Adventure. As a result, I didn't really put passion into my title screen.

Best of luck to all those working on this project!
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

TheDanaAddams

• View Profile
Sword of Mana - The Mystic Quest (for EU nostalgia)

Thank you for caring about us PAL-region folks. <3

Chaos Rush

• View Profile
In my notes I thought of doing 3 titles, too.
Seiken Densetsu
Sword of Mana
Adventure of Mana (Sans the 's' to distinguish it from the remake.)

And each of these would get a variant based on keeping the Final Fantasy content.
(BOLD is large logo, normal is subtitle text)

Seiken Densetsu:
Final Fantasy Gaiden

Sword of Mana:
A Final Fantasy Adventure

Final Fantasy:
Adventure of Mana

And I guess including a few variants for the European version should also be considered.

Seiken Densetsu:
A Mystic Quest

Mystic Quest:
The Sword of Mana

Mystic Quest:
A Final Fantasy Adventure

Mystic Quest:
Adventure of Mana

Yeah. I tend to go overboard when coming up with ideas.
This should satisfy all parties:

Final Fantasy Adventure of Mana: The Mystic Quest of the Legend of the Sacred Sword

(Sorry I had to, I know this isn’t reddit lolol)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
This should satisfy all parties:

Final Fantasy Adventure of Mana: The Mystic Quest of the Legend of the Sacred Sword

(Sorry I had to, I know this isn’t reddit lolol)
Final Fantasy Adventure of Mana: The Mystic Quest of the Legend of the Sacred Sword of Mana* :P

star_scream1646

• View Profile
PowerPanda, just wanted to say that this title screen you made looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Masaru

• View Profile
Here's some mockups of what the title screen should look if we use the original name
i don't have much time to edit those by myself, much that i don't know much of gameboy hex editing

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:03:04 pm by Masaru »

PowerPanda

• View Profile
I have finished 4 titlescreens, and I think I'm going to call it good. Since yesterday, I have widened the "W" and corrected a mistake with the "D". Here is an image preview:

The ips files can be downloaded here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4573/

I will be submitting this as a patch on the main site in a few minutes.

June 21, 2019, 05:51:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay, one more, just for the people on this thread.  ;D

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPQDNHAw9BkU7fkU31tlZw8Es4E_Op1K/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:01:18 pm by PowerPanda »

Masaru

• View Profile
This is my first try, i need help to know where the title screen code is to located to relocate the tiles
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:05:34 pm by Masaru »

mariosmentor

• View Profile
So much effort put into this game already! If only I could find a solution for the text.........

Apparently, when text is compressed, you usually have to code your own tools for decompressing it. This is a serious problem for me, because the only thing I know about coding is the difference between decimal and hexadecimal. I really don't want to abandon this project, but the more I look into it, the more clear it is that I'm biting off more than I can chew. I'll keep looking for some kind of workaround, although I won't be able to use a computer until Monday, assuming I get lucky and we don't go camping.

Chaos Rush

• View Profile

Dragoonglue

• View Profile
This is my first try, i need help to know where the title screen code is to located to relocate the tiles

Apparently the portuguese translation already did what you wanted to do. Maybe someone can copy the titlescreen (sans the textual changes) and create a patch.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Okay, one more, just for the people on this thread.  ;D

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPQDNHAw9BkU7fkU31tlZw8Es4E_Op1K/view?usp=sharing
The one and only definitive name for SD1 :D

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile

MOTHER TEKETS?  ;D

Still though, I don't really see reason to re-translate the game and then a throw a bunch of official localized titles in. Seems kind of opposite to the point, not unless you plan to throw the actual Sword of Mana or Adventures of Mana scrips in there.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

mariosmentor

• View Profile
MOTHER TEKETS?  ;D

Still though, I don't really see reason to re-translate the game and then a throw a bunch of official localized titles in. Seems kind of opposite to the point, not unless you plan to throw the actual Sword of Mana or Adventures of Mana scrips in there.

That actually was my idea. Probably should have made that a little clearer in the OP.