News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Looking for MSX metal gear collection PSP Homebrew info  (Read 1234 times)

Badseed

• View Profile
Looking for MSX metal gear collection PSP Homebrew info
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:07:54 pm »
I came across a fan created metal gear classic collection for the PSP posted on a different site. It basically was the two MSX games with a slick front end and accompanying documentation that you could play on your PSP. I'm actually trying to emulate it with little success on my Android with ppsspp. The front end loads fine but gets stuck on the MSX boot screen. There are a couple of problems: first I don't know if it would be appropriate to link to the post without the users permission (maybe a mod could advise),second the post was ancient (4years as best I can tell) so I'm not even sure there is a way to get info from the creator. I could just find my legally obtained MSX roms and use them on my MSX emulator, but the ppsspp has better UI and I would be missing out on the package as a whole. Has anyone any knowledge of this project or any advice?
"Now is the happening of Plan B!! Time for max-strength spray! Your brains will be washed with 99.9% effectiveness!"

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for MSX metal gear collection PSP Homebrew info
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 11:18:16 pm »
Have you tried it with PPSSPP on your PC?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Badseed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:27:37 am »
As far as I can tell the problem seems to be with the wrong naming of the roms, the fact that you can't use Japanese roms ( I think it might be the European ones only, possibly) this is probably why this has been dead for years and I can't find any info on the creator. Oh well I just stick with my MSX emulator.
"Now is the happening of Plan B!! Time for max-strength spray! Your brains will be washed with 99.9% effectiveness!"

#

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 04:21:53 pm »
-
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:27:07 pm by # »