News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I want to document any graphical glitches in the new SD3 official patch.  (Read 754 times)

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
So far, if I try loading an old save from Fantasy Anime, the old Sram website, the characters end up only having their first letters of their names show.

Also, on a clean playthrough. IE: newly created save, when I swap from Bronze Spear to Long Spear, the name garbles into this.

https://ibb.co/wRqwpVC

I'm not surprised since back on the old Niel patch, the red B button would get cut in half sometimes.

It's like it's spazzing out and trying to load part of the "bronze spear" text and adding it to the end of "switch out."

https://ibb.co/zJNN464

Oh!!! It totally is. It's loading the "t." and "Bro" from Bronze Spear is getting shoved where the t. are supposed to be.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:33:45 pm by WeebeeGeebee »

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
I can't seem to encounter those graphical glitches on Snes9x's latest version. Exclusive to the built-in Switch emulator, maybe?
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
I can't seem to encounter those graphical glitches on Snes9x's latest version. Exclusive to the built-in Switch emulator, maybe?
I wouldn't be surprised, releases tend to use all sorts of things now that the VC is gone (I remember even hearing that Atari's using Mame2003 plus).  I haven't run into this glitch either.

Though I find it hilarious if it's true that the emulator's at fault, makes you wonder if they tested on bsnes plus or something like that in beta.

star_scream1646

• View Profile
I think WeebeeGeebee is playing it on the SNES classic, based on the bezel I see in the picture they took. So that glitch could be caused maybe by Canoe or SNES9X  2010.   

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
SNES9x 2005 Plus, actually. If I play it in SNES 9x 2010, the menu and the beginning select a character section has slow downs. If I play it in regular SNES 9x 2005 (non plus) then the candy sound is muffled and is only the drum sound effect without the synth sparkle noise. 

star_scream1646

• View Profile
Out of curiosity, does the game run at all on Canoe?

John Enigma

• View Profile
^ Supposedly, it cannot, because people keep saying that Canoe can only run SNES ROMS limited to 4 MB. And Trials of Mana is a 6 MB ROM.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
Nope, Canoe just has a black screen. I'm using Retroarch for the Snes Classic.