News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Star Ocean Blue Sphere Spanish Translation  (Read 2192 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Star Ocean Blue Sphere Spanish Translation
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:32 am »

Update By: 4l3j4ndr0

After many attempts and ten month of work Star Ocean: Blue Sphere finally received a fully spanish translation, this game takes place two years after the events of Star Ocean:The Second Story.
Some characters moved to Earth, some stayed on Expel, and others are elsewhere doing their own thing.
Ernest and Opera are still exploring uncharted, primitive planets, and on one ocean-covered planet known
as Edifice.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Sblaise84

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Star Ocean Blue Sphere Spanish Translation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 11:09:50 am »
Does anyone know what the status  of the English translation is?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »
Is this the first time we've seen a Japanese-exclusive RPG translated into multiple European languages before English? :D
(no pressure to Gid, sure he'll do a quality job when it's ready :) )
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 01:00:06 pm »
Is this the first time we've seen a Japanese-exclusive RPG translated into multiple European languages before English? :D

Nope, same thing happened with Surging Aura for the Mega Drive, but this one is likely number two on the list. Though I think some Famicom RPGs (Hokuto no Ken 3?) got translated into Spanish too, as of late.

Either way, good to see it done, I'll probably give this one a go! Been interested in this game for a while, and my Spanish is better than my Japanese. Thanks for your hard work guys!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:07:16 pm by cccmar »

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 01:10:09 pm »

It's getting there!

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:15:35 pm »
My English version was done more than 2 years before this one. (The tools, hacking, notes, etc. used for this Spanish translation were re-used from my English translation.)

But my shitty translation was only shared privately, so if you mean publicly, then yes. :D
There has to be a better life.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 01:35:25 pm »
Nope, same thing happened with Surging Aura for the Mega Drive, but this one is likely number two on the list. Though I think some Famicom RPGs (Hokuto no Ken 3?) got translated into Spanish too, as of late.

Either way, good to see it done, I'll probably give this one a go! Been interested in this game for a while, and my Spanish is better than my Japanese. Thanks for your hard work guys!

If I remember clearly, the DS version of Ni No Kuni also came out in Spanish before it did in English. But in the end, I ended up not playing any of both versions, due to lack of time. It's a pity, because perhaps I'll end up not playing this one as well, because lately I have lost much of the interest I had  for the Star Ocean saga in the past (I was quite hyped when the project was announced in the AGTP site some years ago but, as time passed, my interest in this game faded gradually). Nevertheless, I want to thank the translation group for his efforts into bringing this game to the West (I'm a native Spanish speaker) and I'm sure it will be available in English shortly.

Oh,by the way: if there are non Spanish native people here trying to play this version and need any help trying to understand some sentence, expression, idiom, etc, just PM me and I'll gladly offer help if I can ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:22:11 pm by aqualung »

Geno_CL

• View Profile
    • Instagram (Pixel art)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
It was great to be part of this project :laugh: I hope all spanish-speaking fans enjoy this translation.

nacho_chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »
I guess this is as good a time as ever to brush up on my Spanish. Congratulations on the release! :thumbsup:

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 08:45:46 pm »
Well, that's a very important day to myself :)

¬°GRACIAS AL AMIGO 4LEJ4NDRO POR SU LABOR! :thumbsup:

I was waiting first the work done by Gid (and surely I'll be playing his work on this game also ;) ), but having this game on my native language is truly great! :woot!:

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:02 pm »
My English version was done more than 2 years before this one. (The tools, hacking, notes, etc. used for this Spanish translation were re-used from my English translation.)

But my shitty translation was only shared privately, so if you mean publicly, then yes. :D

What's shitty about it? Does the script just need to be proofread..? I would suggest releasing it. I see no harm in having multiple English translations, but that's just me...

J^P

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 04:48:51 pm »
Im not sure if the translations were 100% finished but few tales of games has Russian translations(out of all languages..) and still no English translations, well one of them has translated youtube playthrough but eh that doesn't count.

SageOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 07:24:45 pm »

Can't handle this kinda tease...
I want to play this game in English.

Wisner263

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 12:55:11 am »
I guess this is as good a time as ever to brush up on my Spanish. Congratulations on the release UPSers Login.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:05:18 am by Wisner263 »