News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Should I upload my hack?  (Read 468 times)

Xdegenerate

• View Profile
Should I upload my hack?
« on: May 22, 2019, 01:30:53 pm »
Hi,

I have made two roms hacks that i'd like to submit, but not sure if they are welcomed or not?

(I know to upload them as ips and not the actual rom.)

One is an old hack of Double Dragon NES with a few graphic changes to those of DDII. Plus it's hardcoded with some cheats.

The other is a NBA Live 96 (Gen/MD) where I have updated the rosters with legends of the game.
For example The 76ers starting line-up is Wilt Chamberlain, Charles Barkley, Allen Iverson, Dr. J and someone else lol... i used the utility from this site to create it.

Are these considered hacks valid to be submitted to this site?

xttx

• View Profile
Re: Should I upload my hack?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:48:17 pm »
Hey man. I would go for it! I would like to check out the double dragon hack you did. Do you have ips patches anywhere for download for these games? The more the merrier I say!  :thumbsup:

Badseed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:32:57 pm »
Go to the hacks page of this website and submit away! They have a whole screening process, but it's explained well and you should be fine. Would love to see a legends LA Lakers team so I'll be looking forward to your NBA hack
"Now is the happening of Plan B!! Time for max-strength spray! Your brains will be washed with 99.9% effectiveness!"

Xdegenerate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 08:04:08 am »
Hey man. I would go for it! I would like to check out the double dragon hack you did. Do you have ips patches anywhere for download for these games? The more the merrier I say!  :thumbsup:

I'm trying to figure out how to create them, once done I'll upload them here.

May 24, 2019, 09:12:15 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm trying to figure out how to create them, once done I'll upload them here.

Done! Hopefully I made the IPS patches correctly, and they should be available soon!

EDIT:
NBA Live 96 is up.

Unfortunatly the Double Dragon one was rejected. I didnt think replacing every single sprite of a character was important. Oh well. Lol
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:25:26 am by Xdegenerate »