News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help patching Nekketsu Oyako (PSX), I get an xdelta error.  (Read 421 times)

reyvgm

• View Profile
I have the Nekketsu Oyako .bin named as the read me says, I have the patch (called oyako10d, no extension), and I have xdelta.

I open a command window, I type the command line as specified on the readme "xdelta patch oyako10d oyakoj.bin oyako10d.bin", and when I hit enter I get this message: "xdelta3 too many filenames: oyakoj.bin"

Anyone know what's going on?

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Help patching Nekketsu Oyako (PSX), I get an xdelta error.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:11:17 am »
Maybe you're using a much newer version of xdelta than the one they used back in 2004...
There has to be a better life.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:57:32 am »
Well, where can I find an older version? Or is there a work around with the new version?

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:45:15 am »
Heh, there's a 10-year-old thread on Racketboy with someone having the exact same issue!

I suspect the "too many filenames" thing is a red herring (in that it's not an accurate description of what's happening) and the error is something else. Does this syntax work?

xdelta3 -d -s oyakoj.bin oyako10d oyako10d.bin

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 03:16:43 pm »
Heh, there's a 10-year-old thread on Racketboy with someone having the exact same issue!

I suspect the "too many filenames" thing is a red herring (in that it's not an accurate description of what's happening) and the error is something else. Does this syntax work?

xdelta3 -d -s oyakoj.bin oyako10d oyako10d.bin

Nothing worked with the new xdelta.

I found the old xdelta through archive.org and the process worked, but it said the image file I had was not the correct size. It will be impossible to find whatever old weird dump the author used back then.

The game is not that good, so I'm give up! Thanks for the help!

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 04:16:11 pm »
Too bad. I think Nekketsu Oyako is the game where, years ago, I ended up just downloading a pre-patched image and it still failed to work...

...yep, that's the one! One of the few outright coasters I've ever burned for a disc-based system. It seems like this game is destined to be a hassle.

Has the Saturn version ever been translated? I got that one to work.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 12:00:18 am »
Too bad. I think Nekketsu Oyako is the game where, years ago, I ended up just downloading a pre-patched image and it still failed to work...

Yup, same here. I downloaded a prepatched one, and it didn't work either.