News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hokuto No Ken (Famicom) Translation and Improvement  (Read 693 times)

Leo_X_Ragnarok

• View Profile
Hokuto No Ken (Famicom) Translation and Improvement
« on: June 01, 2019, 01:43:15 am »
Hello there!  :)

This is an attempt at a hack of Hokuto No Ken for Famicom (A.K.A Fist of the North Star). The purpose of this hack is to translate and improve the quality of the game. While the game is NOT good, I still want to make a reproduction cart of it as I am a big fan of the series. I can just make a cart of the original, but I don't like the visuals of the base game. So, here are some screenshots of the original compared to some of the edits I have made so far. What do you think? Also, I decided to name it Fist of the North Star 0, as it is technically a prequel to the Fist of the North Star that came out in the USA.

Original:

Edit:

#

• View Profile
Re: Hokuto No Ken (Famicom) Translation and Improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 09:22:38 am »
It already looks better, but if you really want to improve the game you should borrow some of the elements from its sequel(like the character model(s)) and the master system game (exploding enemies).

Leo_X_Ragnarok

• View Profile
Re: Hokuto No Ken (Famicom) Translation and Improvement
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 02:27:18 pm »
That's true, I'll look at the sequel's sprites and see if I can utilize them. Also, while I am trying to make this one more similar to the sms one, the level design is so weird. I kind of have to make certain things either completely different or at least look better in some way.