News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: The Beginning is a New Moon  (Read 8249 times)

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
Re: Translations: The Beginning is a New Moon
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 01:11:47 pm »
It's actually a long-standing romanization error in the BST script. The bad guys united under Apsu refer to themselves as "Hell Destiny", which makes much more sense in context when you think about it. It's a group name rather than something artsy and ambiguous like the old translation. You're not the first one to ask that question, but rest assured, due diligence has been done when revising the script and we haven't changed this for the hell of it... pardon the pun ;)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 01:31:05 pm »
It's just as mziab said. You know how each season/arc, each major villain organization has a sub-group that gets sent out first?

The Four Kings of Heaven (Jadeite, Nephrite, Zoisite, Kunzite) defer to Queen Beryl. Along with Queen Metalia and Monsters, they collectively make up the Dark Kingdom.

The Spectre Sisters (Koan, Berthier, Petz, Calaveras) defer to Rubeus, who defers to Prince Demande. Along with Saphir, Esmeraude, Wiseman, and Droids, they collectively make up the Black Moon.

The Witches 5 (Eudial, Mimete, Tellu, Viluy, Cyprine/Ptilol) defer to Kaolinite, who defers to Professor Tomoe. Along with Mistress 9, Pharaoh 90, and Daimons, they collectively make up the Death Busters.

The Amazon Trio (Hawk's Eye, Fish's Eye, Tiger's Eye) and the Amazon Quartet (Ves-Ves, Jun-Jun, Palla-Palla, Cere-Cere) defer to Zirconia. Along with Queen Nehellenia and Lemures, they collectively make up the Dead Moon Circus.

The Sailor Anima Mates (Sailor Iron Mouse, Sailor Lead Crow, Sailor Aluminum Siren, Sailor Tin Nyanko) defer to Sailor Galaxia. Along with Phages, they collectively make up Shadow Galactica.

And so, the Oppositio Soldiers (Oppositio Sin, Oppositio Nabu, Oppositio Marduk, Oppositio Nergal, Oppositio Ishtar) defer to Apsu. Along with Anshar, Kishar, and revived creatures, they collectively make up... Hell Destiny. This is reflected in the Oppositio Soldiers' attack names. Just like the Spectre Sisters had Dark Fire, Dark Water, etc. or the Witches 5 had Fire Buster and Charm Buster, the Oppositio Soldiers have Hell Freezing, Hell Dragon, etc.

The katakana shows the name pretty clearly as well: ヘル・デスティニー, or Heru Desutini. "Her Destiny" would be "Haa Desutini".
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:12:16 pm by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 04:05:28 pm »
Happy One-Year Anniversary! v2.05 has at last been released.

- Width of space character in 16x16 dialogue font decreased from 7 pixels to 4.
- Widespread dialogue reformatting.
- Handful of lines expanded, reworded, or rewritten.
- New tutorial text.
- Remade credit graphics at pink title logo screen.

Download the new patch now from the RHDN project page here. https://www.romhacking.net/translations/4654/

:)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:10:31 pm by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.