News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SNES Slowdown: FastROM?  (Read 3235 times)

eyeballkid

• View Profile
Re: NES & SNES Slowdown: FastROM?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 05:24:46 pm »
Just a reminder that we have those hacks, with the first one even being improved based on Con's own words.

Ah, sorry. I knew those exist. I thought, you were looking for those patches. And that you didn't know they exist individually. I basically misread this sentence

Quote from: redmagejoe
I much more appreciate that some kind souls made individual L/R item switching and Controlled Pegasus Dashing patches I could apply.

as "I would appreciate if ... I could apply". I tripped over the "could" in the end, TBH.

Aaendi

• View Profile
Re: SNES Slowdown: FastROM?
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 11:30:14 pm »
I just feel like I need to vent about this. Why is it that NONE of the big developers understood how a chip as simple as the 65816 works?  I'm not talking about clever tricks, I'm talking about basic stuff like using "tax" instead of "sta mem : ldx mem" or using "inc mem" instead of "lda mem : clc : adc #$0001 : sta mem".  It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.  I mean, me and Tepples wrote a page about "optimization" and we had fun coming up with stupid programming examples and obvious "optimizations" to the point of parody.  It doesn't even matter that we wrote nonsensical examples if you can make a 3.58Mhz 65816 run order of magnitudes faster just by programming it like a sane person would.  :banghead:

Cyneprepou4uk

• Самый лысый ромхакер
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 02:06:45 am »
me and Tepples wrote a page about "optimization"

Link please
I am the baldest romhacker
NES Romhacking Guide

Aaendi

• View Profile