News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Bowsette (Donkey Kong ROM Hack)  (Read 883 times)

Kazufox

• View Profile
Bowsette (Donkey Kong ROM Hack)
« on: March 06, 2019, 07:49:36 pm »
I'm back everyone, and I've still got more ideas to work with. I haven't been doing much in ROM Hacking since I'm working on another project, I might post about it here soon.

For now, I'm working on another Super Crown/Bowsette related ROM Hack, this one being on the NES version of Donkey Kong.

I plan on making 2 versions, the original NES port and the 2010 European ROM release with all 4 levels.

Right now I'm just working on getting some ideas going for the enemies that'll be involved and the look of the game. I've already edited the Mario sprites and replaced Pauline with Peach.

My main goal is to make a Bowsette (currently working) and a Boosette version starring Luigi.

Kazufox

• View Profile
Re: Bowsette (Donkey Kong ROM Hack)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:25:08 pm »
Thought I was finished? I'm not done yet...I mentioned earlier that I've got some more ROM Hacks I wanted to work on. This is based on the Donkey Kong ROM Hack from the NES.

Which, I should also note, will include a version that contains all 4 levels and the climbing animation to the next area. Each of the levels will reference the earlier Mario games from 1, lost levels, 3, SMW, and SM64.

What I have gotten changed so far:
-Jumpman's sprite changed and colored to look more like Mario
-Replaced DK sprites and animations with Bowsette
-Replaced Pauline with (confused) Peach
-Swapped all enemies with a Super Crown variant
-Changed the tiles for all the stages to look more like a castle

Here's a preview to the Bowsette variant I've been progressing on. Once I finish, I plan on a Boosette version where it's all ghosts and you play as Luigi. Given how things are, probably will have it ready by around April.

Tyrantnyx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:37:24 am »
Looking good, it's always great to see more Donkey Kong hacks, and Bowsette just makes it even better.

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:34:33 pm »
That looks cool, I'm glad you're picking up the DK game that has the pie factory level.  :cookie:

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:17 pm »
That looks cool, I'm glad you're picking up the DK game that has the pie factory level.  :cookie:

I'll include a version that is also the original NES (3 levels) too. At this point, I should mention that I've got most of them done. There WILL be a Boosette version where you play as Luigi. I just need to change up a few sprites in 75M and minor code stuff.

Speaking of which...would you prefer if it had the "score save" to it as well? Or not really? You can click the link to vote if you prefer not to reply.

https://linkto.run/p/4Z2XBCLC