News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: My Captain Rainbow Translation Project for Wii  (Read 57358 times)

JenniBee

• View Profile
Re: My Captain Rainbow Translation Project for Wii
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2019, 10:13:29 pm »
You're very welcome! I wasn't sure if anyone had tried my Riivolution patch since I hadn't seen any replies, but maybe my directions were sufficient after all?  :) I'm glad people are able to play the game, even if it's not a complete translation.
I also used your Riivolution patch, which is not only the first patch I've tried of this kind, but it's also the first time I heard of Riivolution. I love Riivolution's execution - it's the perfect way to play translations as it uses your actual game disc that you just pop in and play. It's completely awesome.

I haven't played the game very far yet, but what I've played is pretty awesome. I've been wanting to play this game in English since it was announced, and now I'm glad that I'm finally able to do so. :)

opoppopopp

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2019, 01:05:34 pm »
I've made a Riivolution patch for MarkAss's Captain Rainbow translation from 10/30/2017. I read some people were having trouble using his scripts, so I hope this helps get people playing the game! This does not use/require the Homebrew Channel.

What you need:
  • An original Captain Rainbow Wii game disc (this method WILL NOT work with copies, etc.)
  • My Riivolution patch, downloadable here: https://gofile.io/?c=q1GMfH (approx 75 MB zipped, just under 100 MB unzipped. it includes the latest version of Riivolution as boot.elf)
  • An SD card to use with your Wii
  • An exploit to run Riivolution - Letterbomb is the easiest for a Wii updated to version 4.3, and is used in my example steps below. Read about Letterbomb here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/LetterBomb (you do not need HackMii!)

Steps to use:
  • Unzip the contents of my Riivolution patch and copy them to the root of your SD card.
  • Replace the private/ folder from the patch contents (which is empty) with your Letterbomb private/ folder.
  • Insert the SD card into your Wii.
  • Power on your Wii and insert your Captain Rainbow disc.
  • Run Letterbomb (see instructions on the WiiBrew page linked above) to execute Riivolution.
  • When Riivolution runs, I recommend that you choose "Install" to install it as a channel on your Wii. You can uninstall it later at anytime.
  • The "Translation" option in Riivolution should default to "Enabled", and if so just click "Launch" to play the game.

NOTE: if you choose to install the Riivolution channel, you no longer need to use Letterbomb and can delete your Letterbomb private/ folder from the SD card. Also, although I have used Riivolution to play several games and have never had any issues, remember that anytime you use homebrew you are doing so at your own risk. I think Letterbomb as an exploit is pretty innocuous (the same for SmashStack, which I've also used), but I cannot speak for anything else.

Please let me know how things go, so I can edit my instructions to make things more clear if needed! And like MarkAss said, his translation is a work-in-progress, so while the game is fully playable (and beatable - I beat it just the other day), there is still a good bit of text still in Japanese.

Just say thank you for you to share this Riivolution version!
I almost forgot, I note this skip Ltd. game to play later.(After play the Chibirobo again)
Really like skip Ltd. games.

May 25, 2019, 02:04:30 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Still works for me! (I'm using Firefox on Mac OS X El Capitan for reference)

You're very welcome! I wasn't sure if anyone had tried my Riivolution patch since I hadn't seen any replies, but maybe my directions were sufficient after all?  :) I'm glad people are able to play the game, even if it's not a complete translation.

I wish I understood how to update the game files with updated translations, as I could easily re-word so much stuff in the same amount of screen space used currently for most text, Hikari's stuff especially. (I've watched the few Youtube videos MarkAss made about the process, but was totally lost) When you look at the Google doc with the translation you can tell the team who did it just did a straight translation as there's not much context. (still very grateful though!) It would take playing the game over and over while referencing and updating the translation to really do it 100%.

Thank you for your captain riivolution patch!

I use it on vWii through an exploit, no need to install anything, just swap the disc to play!

BTW.
with my super old sd card, the first time the game is freeze(I doubt because low reading speed of that sd card for the intro video)
but I just remove the title.thp line in your CaptRainbow.xml file, problem solved.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:04:30 am by opoppopopp »

oc_jcs_fan

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2019, 09:41:26 pm »
Thank you for your captain riivolution patch!

I use it on vWii through an exploit, no need to install anything, just swap the disc to play!

BTW.
with my super old sd card, the first time the game is freeze(I doubt because low reading speed of that sd card for the intro video)
but I just remove the title.thp line in your CaptRainbow.xml file, problem solved.

Thank you

Weird about the SD card. I'm glad you got it working on your system though.

tingting444

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2019, 03:44:14 am »
Will this patch ever be completed?
It´s so sad to see this unfinished.
Did anyone have contact with MarkAss since 2017?

Is the game fully playable with this patch or will I miss a lot of funny quirks and lore?

oc_jcs_fan

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2019, 09:46:40 am »
Will this patch ever be completed?
It´s so sad to see this unfinished.
Did anyone have contact with MarkAss since 2017?

Is the game fully playable with this patch or will I miss a lot of funny quirks and lore?

I have no idea. MarkAss has gone quiet, at least in this thread.

The game is fully playable and beatable (I beat it myself), but there are still large parts with untranslated text. And of the translated text much of it could be re-worded for better reading/flow.