- Updated kethinov's Alternate Karon to v1.1, adding _Wandering_Helmsman as a sub-option to control whether Karon stays at the ship's wheel
- Updated kethinov's Remove Empire Castle Gate Permanently to v1.4
- Implemented Quality_of_Life\No_Whip_Tile_Gather, makes whip posts less annoying
- Implemented Bug_Fixes\Flight_Waits_For_Events (should prevent the Mana Fortress barrier skip), this needs serious testing as it's in very fragile code related to flight (summoning Flammie) and cannon travel; if something goes wrong, you'll probably get stuck or the game will hang, buuuut, I think I got it working right
- Rewrote Bug_Fixes\Whip_Post_Fix, this may have finally solved all major whip post bugs and exploits I was aware of, though admittedly I haven't tested the trick where people use spell casting and the whip post to walk through walls, so maybe that can still happen
- Modified Revisit_Sunken_Continent to automatically extend the bridge, with fallbacks of talking to any of the three Resistance NPCs inside to extend the bridge as well (so you don't have to re-enter the room if you step on the button), and forgot to update the description; kethinov, I took a slightly different approach to the event edits to avoid the bridge state saving into the save file (so if the feature is turned off the bridge doesn't stay extended)
- Rewrote the Quick Spell icon loading code to use vanilla spell icon data instead of its own hardcoded list; this resolved a compatibility headache
, using the Red Dragon event as an example, open up a patched ROM (that has Relocalized applied) in a hex editor and go to 0x0A79D4 ($CA79D4). You should see 25 00 29 46 16 2A 00; search for that same set of values (hex values, not a text string). Searching the whole file for "25 00 29 46 16 2A 00" should only find two results, at 0x0A79D4 which is the vanilla event script, and at 0x22CF59 ($E2CF59) which is the Relocalized copy of that same event.
You can do the same for VWF if you wanted to be thorough.
As for how many bytes you need to copy then search for, it kinda varies. Sometimes as few as 4 or 5 will be enough. If you find more than two results, you probably need a longer pattern, and if you only find one result, something was changed between vanilla and VWF / Relocalized (usually text, but there are also some minor adjustments to non-text parts of some events). For all of these weapon orb events though, I don't think any were changed.
Throughout the ZPS file, wherever I wrote "'sig ?????????????" that's a byte pattern to search for in the ROM using a hex editor to find the correct spot for a Relocalized event edit.