News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: anyone get the translated Kyūyaku Megami Tensei ROM to work on a flash cart?  (Read 556 times)

0blivi0n

• View Profile
I've been trying to get the English patched ROM for Kyūyaku Megami Tensei to run on a flash cart and actual hardware for a few days now and I've had no luck. I've tried using a ROM found on the net as well as one I dumped myself from the real cart using a Super UFO Pro 8 with no luck. I've used both an Everdrive and the Super UFO flash cart as well as several different IPS patcher and no luck. The best I can get is when starting the game I get the ATLUS logo and then just black. on the Everdrive I get what looks like static after the logo but I can never get the patched game to run. I'm starting to think the patched game only runs in emulators but I wanted to check here if anyone had any similar issues.

thanks

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
Hi, there. I was just able to get it to work on my SD2SNES flash cart. This poster also had trouble getting the ROM to work on a flash cart and believes it's related to the file size of the hacked ROM, which is not a file size used by any commercial SNES games and might not be supported by some flash carts.

That makes sense to me—I remember having a Super Metroid hack refuse to boot on my Super UFO Pro 8 several years ago, and I eventually figured out you could fix the problem by expanding the ROM from an unusual size to a standard one. Try downloading Lunar Expand or using a hex editor to expand the translated ROM to 2.5 MB, and let us know if that fixes the problem.
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.