News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden games  (Read 4316 times)

#

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden games
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 10:27:44 am »
I've uploaded the patch of the first game to the website. The other two will follow soon.

Hi! I have some test reports for you:
Dragon Ball Z - Super Butouden patch works on both JAP and PAL versions!
Dragon Ball Z - Super Butouden 2 patch works on JAP versions, both 1.0 and 1.1. The french PAL version already has SSJ Goku and SSJ Broly unlocked!
Dragon Ball Z - Super Butouden 3 patch works on JAP and KOR versions, doesn't work on PAL.

So, only part 3 would need a patch.  :thumbsup:
I already had the PAL info, but thanks for the info on the other Asian versions! I've already made a patch for the PAL version of SB 3, which I'll add to the entry on the website.

Interesting patches, but I may have an easier alternative:

After inputting the cheat codes to unlock the hidden characters, make a save state at the title screen via emulator. This way, you can just load the game instead of having to enter these codes again each time. This is just a suggestion.
Personally, I don't like to use save states. I'd much rather use a patch to apply it or add saving functionality. Regardless, you still need to look up and enter the cheat and if you play on multiple systems/emulators you'll have to make a new save state or make sure to copy the save state each time. A hacked rom is ultimately more convenient.

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 03:10:31 pm »
I've uploaded the patch of the first game to the website. The other two will follow soon.

I already had the PAL info, but thanks for the info on the other Asian versions! I've already made a patch for the PAL version of SB 3, which I'll add to the entry on the website.

Personally, I don't like to use save states. I'd much rather use a patch to apply it or add saving functionality. Regardless, you still need to look up and enter the cheat and if you play on multiple systems/emulators you'll have to make a new save state or make sure to copy the save state each time. A hacked rom is ultimately more convenient.
Thanks for your patches, man. I've been enjoying revisiting the Super Butouden games after many years.

denshousha

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 08:36:17 pm »
Thanks a lot # for everything you've done! :)
For some reason my notifications for this topic got dumped in my spam folder, so sorry for the very late thank yous.