Visibly, not much new...
Battle stats are now integrated into general Character stats. Things like Elemental resistance and weakness, weapon sprite, palette, element, and category; number of hits, plus the multiplyer, and critical hit rate. The routine that adjusts stats based on what's equipped now fills in those stats as well, outside of battle. (This also means, for now, the whole 8 weapons and 8 armours per character thing is shafted. But that won't matter once I start the inventory stuff.)
During battle preperations, any stats that could be changed by a spell is backed up, and then restored after battle (but before level up stats are tweaked). In battle, character stats are edited directly, by both spells and attacks, so only one or two pointers are needed at a time, instead of the... like 8 or so there were before. No more IB/OB stat nonsense; if I find any more, I'll keep updating.
All the btl_defender, btl_attacker, and btlmag_xxx variables have been shifted up into the $6000 area of RAM, as part of my ongoing attempt to organize what's used and what's not.
As usual... probably some bugs. Just finished this, haven't tested it much. Actually just noticed I messed up some of the weapon stats with the Unadjust/readjust routines, and think I fixed them...