Version 0.21 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SQn4b5UpQcAA7HXzkRCTJ0Ls4RzsnLB6
EDIT: False alarm, some bugs are still there. Working on it! Sorry!
* Sound Test screen plays weird stuff if you try to play a song twice.
* Being killed and poisoned in one hit will leave the dead character with the poisoned icon instead of the broken heart icon. Same for other ailments I assume.
* There's a small pause when enemies strike first; where players should be acting, but it skips over them. Not really a bug, but something I want to clear up soon.
Bugs Fixed: (thanks Mari42 for bringing some of these to my attention!)
* Save music was supposed to stop playing when leaving the save screen. Now it does!
* Treasure chests weren't displaying items because the dialogue box didn't know that item names and dialogue strings are in different banks. Now it does!
* I forgot to fix shop inventories after making consumables use different item IDs. This also stopped Heals and Pures displaying in the Drink menu in battle. Now they do!
* The highest byte of item prices when trying to purchase wasn't getting set to 0, making it impossible to buy things after a battle (my battle turn order list writes to the same spot). Fixed it. Edit: And DOUBLE fixed it because it wasn't updating in the right spot to be useful.
* Item prices were being loaded weirdly (shifted one way, then shifted the other to add in the carry), and it was breaking things. Fixed that by loading it normally and adding 0 without clearing the carry first? I'm not sure why it broke. Very weird.
* Fixed the after-battle party sorting so dead characters actually get shoved to the back row.
* More spell spelling fixes. Lokk 2 = Lock 2, Foice = Voice, Qauke = Quake... Holy and Wall were mixed up, as were Flare and Stop. Dumb things like that. Could still be some errors around.
Edit: * Treasure chests should now open the right items. Instead of a Canoe and a Fire Orb, you get a Cabin and a Heal! As you should.
* Out of Battle Poison is now $04 instead of $03. This basically means all the OB/IB stuff Bank B does is stupid and pointless except for changing the character levels from 0-based to 1-based... So I took all that out and the levels are changed in like 12 bytes or something small like that.
* Character spells are now stored in 8 bytes with the rest of their data. Current and Max MP share a byte (current is high bits, max is low bits.) It took a lot of code, but to free up $100 of RAM in each save game, I think its worth it. The only trade off is that you can't really sort your spells in order of which you purchased first. However, with some tweaks to the numbers, (and a heck of a lot of menu and display changes, not to mention how battle selection grabs spells...) you could learn all 64 spells on a character--still in those 8 bytes. I'm very proud of this!!
* All character stat bytes are used up now. Weapons and armour take up 8 each. Spells and MP are 8 each. If more stats are needed I'll have to move Hiding out of there or something.
* There is now 256 bytes of unused space in each save game slot. Could be double game flag data! More treasure chests! More NPC triggers! Whatever game flags are used for!
Edit: * Bank 0 now exists as an editable ASM file. Had to quickly organize that and find the treasure data to fix the item bytes. Thanks to http://finalfantasyrandomizer.com/
for having a list of treasure stuff I could quickly refer to, and ... anomie, I think? For already having broken down the data structure of that bank! I kinda just copied their notes on it, sorry... Was a rush job!
Please look for potential bugs anywhere where magic is concerned! I haven't yet tested leveling up granting MP. All battle spells should be doing what they're supposed to do.
The next things I want to work on (after a week or two break) is updating weapons and armour screens. This will be a big one, too. Each character can have double the equipment, so each character will get their own screen. I'll play around with it and see how that comes out after my break.