News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Game Save Editing and game cheat devices are now illegal in Japan.  (Read 4175 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Game Save Editing and game cheat devices are now illegal in Japan.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 02:57:50 pm »
This is probably one of the most logical conclusions, Corporations has really been getting desperate to make a profit for the past few years now and with all the nonsense they been trying to shove through politicians to get what they want.

The Entertainment Industry is losing their fangs, and now they're trying to find a way to screw over people with other methods.
The timing tells me that this is true.  Japan's been getting more into PC games and Steam, apparently.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 03:17:07 pm »
Trying to get a gun in some states is damn near impossible. Hell, even just buying gun accessories (not the actual guns or bullets) like pistol grips and such are illegal in CA and I am not fucking kidding as I know this from first hand experience.
If I'm not mistaken, there's no border crossing checks betweens united states. This means even if some states are extremely restrictive like you're describing, people could just drive from a state which is highly pro-gun and job done... Much easier than trick an international border check, so much less safe even for the states with strongs regulations you're mentioning.

Also regulations on swiss knives, if true, is ridiculous. I've heard they're designed specifically so that you can't kill someone with them. Either way it's bad for buisness here so that's ridiculous.

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 10:12:28 pm »
The United States is full of gun freakery and gun selling. Shiny coins make people happy. Especially when those people are getting them in exchange for selling a gun. That's true no matter where you are. Even if you don't see guns displayed in racks at Walmart, you'll be able to get one without hassle anywhere. You can buy a danish as easily.  :cookie:
Now you're playing in... three dimensions.

NERV Agent

• Restricted Access
  • Eva Unit 01
    • View Profile
    • Watch my anime shitposts on YouTube! Smell them, too!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 06:12:23 am »
Also regulations on swiss knives, if true, is ridiculous. I've heard they're designed specifically so that you can't kill someone with them. Either way it's bad for buisness here so that's ridiculous.

In certain zones under a "magistrate jurisdiction", they can enforce a rule that says any blade longer than 5 inches* is a lethal weapon.

Otherwise, back on topic.

Game save editing and game cheat devices are now illegal in Japan, but lolicon is still A-OK. The Japanese sure do have their priorities straight....

*Material for a penis joke.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 07:01:53 am »
In certain zones under a "magistrate jurisdiction", they can enforce a rule that says any blade longer than 5 inches* is a lethal weapon.

Otherwise, back on topic.

Game save editing and game cheat devices are now illegal in Japan, but lolicon is still A-OK. The Japanese sure do have their priorities straight....

*Material for a penis joke.

What harm would the latter be doing that means its banning, or lack thereof as the case may be, is such a pressing matter?

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 11:27:56 am »
The timing tells me that this is true.  Japan's been getting more into PC games and Steam, apparently.
Are you sure? Because PlayStation Vita is still doing pretty well in Japan.
Now you're playing in... three dimensions.

NERV Agent

• Restricted Access
  • Eva Unit 01
    • View Profile
    • Watch my anime shitposts on YouTube! Smell them, too!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 01:56:43 am »
What harm would the latter be doing that means its banning, or lack thereof as the case may be, is such a pressing matter?

Boku No Pico is an animated cinematic masterpiece for all ages, with complex themes and character development along with gorgeous visuals rivaling the works of Hayao Miyazaki, "Neon Genesis Evangelion", and "Corey in the House".

Sit down and watch it in the company of friends and family! Bonus points if any of them work for law enforcement!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:16:32 am by NERV Agent »

A.D.R.I.A.N

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 10:56:57 pm »
Boku No Pico is an animated cinematic masterpiece for all ages, with complex themes and character development along with gorgeous visuals rivaling the works of Hayao Miyazaki, "Neon Genesis Evangelion", and "Corey in the House".

Sit down and watch it in the company of friends and family! Bonus points if any of them work for law enforcement!
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

"I hate when mods don't let you ask for help."