News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 864 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:32:18 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Arabic
English
Esperanto
German
Hungarian
Indonesian
Polish
Scottish
Spanish

Relevant Link

goldenband

• View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:39:36 pm »

Scottish

Oh, this would be amazing if only it were true!

#

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 08:27:48 pm »
Oh, this would be amazing if only it were true!
Gaelic or just English with a stronger Sean Connery vibe? :D

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 12:32:26 am »
While I'm sure it was certainly an effort to retranslate SoulBlazer, I'm guessing it is just the script that was changed.

The bosses were buffed up in the western versions.
While often that has caused things like 7th Saga and Working Designs, I would say it was a positive in SoulBlazer's case.
From when I played, I recall you could effectively just tank most if not all of bosses in the Japanese version (especially with the bracelets and a herb).
The western release merely boosted them to a mild challenge.
Unless someone wants to do some hacking to restore the bosses to cakewalk difficulty (in the case of the first boss, the difficulty comes from changes to the room layout itself).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Stifu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:57:05 pm »
I can't decompress the Soul Blazer patch with 7zip. Is the archive broken, or will it somehow only work with WinRaR?
The link here doesn't work either, the file has been removed.

StratosVX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 04:04:37 pm »
I can't decompress the Soul Blazer patch with 7zip. Is the archive broken, or will it somehow only work with WinRaR?
The link here doesn't work either, the file has been removed.
I didn't have any issues downloading it. I put a zip version of it in my Google Drive here.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 04:39:55 pm »
I managed to extract the files without issue using 7zip. Perhaps the download failed to complete or your 7zip needs updating.

Stifu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 06:02:57 pm »
or your 7zip needs updating.
That was it! Had 7zip version 9.22 (from early 2015). Updated to 18.06, works nicely. Thanks.

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 07:59:44 pm »
Gaelic or just English with a stronger Sean Connery vibe? :D

Exactly. "The name ish Pond...Jamesh Pond." (Scots Gaelic would be nifty, of course.)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 12:27:37 pm »
While I'm sure it was certainly an effort to retranslate SoulBlazer, I'm guessing it is just the script that was changed.

The bosses were buffed up in the western versions.
While often that has caused things like 7th Saga and Working Designs, I would say it was a positive in SoulBlazer's case.
From when I played, I recall you could effectively just tank most if not all of bosses in the Japanese version (especially with the bracelets and a herb).
The western release merely boosted them to a mild challenge.
Unless someone wants to do some hacking to restore the bosses to cakewalk difficulty (in the case of the first boss, the difficulty comes from changes to the room layout itself).
Funny you should mention 7th Saga.  In the readme for the Soulblazer retranslation, there's a linked interview with someone who worked on Enix's game localizations.  He said that they didn't even touch 7th Saga outside of some puzzle solutions, and Enix apparently did it in response to people saying the game was too easy.  I would say it's most likely the same thing for Soulblazer, which I can definitely see.

(Funnily enough this article doesn't mention any details at all about Soulblazer's localization, and only mentions the translations of DQ V and Illusion of Gaia... what is this in here for?)