News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: FF4kster FF2 help.  (Read 1625 times)

zippydsmlee

• View Profile
FF4kster FF2 help.
« on: December 16, 2018, 03:23:42 am »
 I only want 2 things, lower def and magdef and mbaye is at all possible give Dark Knight Cecile some dark spells(even if just drain and psyce). I can figure out how to change the job and give spells but lowering def seems difficult, can someone give me some pointers?.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Re: FF4kster FF2 help.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:21:46 am »
You want to lower characters' defense or monsters'?
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Crow!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 11:53:19 am »
FF4kster's GUI is kind of counterintuitive.  Here's how you reduce the defense of an enemy:

1. Go to the Monsters, and scroll down to the monster you want to change.
2. Press Enter, select "Edit stats", press Enter again.
3. Select Defense or Magic Defense, press Enter again.

This line has 4 numbers.  The only two that matter are the first two.  The first is the "Index" of this defense.  Any enemies that share the same index will also share the same defense.  You probably don't want to change this number.  The second is the actual defense number.

4. Press Enter two more times.  The first press will remove the "index" from the selection, as you are now editing that index.  The next will highlight only the defense number.  Change this.
5. Press Enter to lock in the change, then Escape until you're back at the Monsters menu.

Reducing a character's defense would require reducing the defense of the equipment that they use, or perhaps reducing that character's Vitality statistic.  Both of those should be intuitive.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 05:26:33 pm »
Reducing a character's defense would require reducing the defense of the equipment that they use, or perhaps reducing that character's Vitality statistic.  Both of those should be intuitive.

Well, kinda. If you want to reduce a character's vitality, you have to go into their level-up data and reduce the amount of instances of vitality bonuses at level up, or lower the values of them (if the bonus values are in fact greater than 1).
And if you're talking about characters' magic defense, that would be Will, not vitality.

Latest Demo

zippydsmlee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:04:00 am »
No I wanted to lower the characters def but it dose not seem that levels stack, its an old fashion analog way of doing it I suppose it seems they just move from one number set to a higher number set and not a percentage set that stacks bit by bit.(my brain dose not brain well so grammar I haz technical difficulties with half the time..that I need more coffee)

*sigh* I guess the only choice I have is do it lvl by lvl character by character or hope someday there is a script that can do the calculations for me, blah I fail.

That said the most I could ask is how possible is it for the FF4kster devs to make an import/export script function so you could run a third party tool to do all the calculations, I mean its more likely than them making one themselves but still pretty unlikely....uhg I wish games were moddable/customizable by default.. I miss the days of SDKs even the evil hex ones that bioware use to do....

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 12:52:14 pm »
That said the most I could ask is how possible is it for the FF4kster devs to make an import/export script function so you could run a third party tool to do all the calculations, I mean its more likely than them making one themselves but still pretty unlikely....uhg I wish games were moddable/customizable by default.. I miss the days of SDKs even the evil hex ones that bioware use to do....
Pretty doubtful, as there is only one singular ff4kster dev, pinkpuff, who declared being finished working on the program quite a while ago.
That being said, I'm a bit confused as to which calculations you'd want a program to do for you... ?

Latest Demo

zippydsmlee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »
Pretty doubtful, as there is only one singular ff4kster dev, pinkpuff, who declared being finished working on the program quite a while ago.
That being said, I'm a bit confused as to which calculations you'd want a program to do for you... ?

I suppose not so much calculations as much as put in your percent to raise/lower a thing select the monsters/characters and it changes all the stats on all levels, a kind of one and done deal, rather than changing 100 things only to miss something. So rather than doing it each character for each level its an all at once deal.

Looking at doing it via AR/GG,raw,ect codes seems like you can lock def %, stats at a number of your choosing. Tho now that I think I tried to make a EXP null or low EXP after each fight type of code for Guardians crusade...mmm seems I could do that with FF2 SNES , that way I can explore without gaining levels to fast and turn it off to grind where needed but that kinda screws up getting new spells.

This seems the most promising http://ff4.paladinet.com/chronicle/files/ff4cheats03.txt 

this part here

Defense      | 7E106A        | 7E10EA        | 7E102A        | 7E112A        | 7E10AA
Defense %    | 7E1069        | 7E10E9        | 7E1029        | 7E1129        | 7E10A9
Attack %     | 7E105C        | 7E10DC        | 7E101C        | 7E111C        | 7E109C
M. Def.      | 7E1064        | 7E10E4        | 7E1024        | 7E1124        | 7E10A4
M. Def %     | 7E1063        | 7E10E3        | 7E1023        | 7E1123        | 7E10A3
Defense x    | 7E1068        | 7E10E8        | 7E1028        | 7E1128        | 7E10A8
Attack x     | 7E105B        | 7E10DB        | 7E101B        | 7E111B        | 7E109B
M. Def x     | 7E1062        | 7E10E2        | 7E1022        | 7E1122        | 7E10A2

If I am reading it right I could lower the Defense and M.Def I would have to fiddle with it and see what works but thats as  simple as I can find for def/Mdef reduction I think.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 04:23:47 pm »
That's not really modding though, that's basic game genie hacking. It Sets a character's stats which nothing in game could accomplish. The only way to try and create a real balanced system is to take the time to test the system, read the battle guide written by DeathLike2 and that will be a stepping stone to trying and create a balanced system. Just remember that FFIV is difficult to balance correctly because of the backrow decreasing enemy hit% by 50% and thereby decreasing damage significantly.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 10:46:07 pm »
I'm with Grimoire on this one. I suggested you try using ff4kster because you weren't interested in someone's suggestion of a challenge run. If you're going to use Game Genie codes to inhibit level progression, you might as well just try a "solo Cecil" or "no new equipment" run.

The way stats progress in FFIV isn't really "old fashioned," it's pretty typical of the franchise at least through FFX (I stopped paying attention after that). But to extract the data, assign percentage increases, then adjust them and retranslate back into a data set that the game can use would take at least as long as making the adjustment to each level by hand in ff4kster, even IF a program existed specifically to do such a thing.

On the other hand, tedious as it may be, it wouldn't really be that difficult to go through the level-up data in ff4kster and, say, take out every third VIT and WILL increase for each character. There's only 13 characters total, after all. Something like that would probably take you a couple hours, maybe, and would produce a final result that you could replay as many times as you wanted.

Latest Demo