News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 2 higher diffculty?  (Read 1051 times)

zippydsmlee

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 2 higher diffculty?
« on: December 09, 2018, 07:43:54 am »
Looking for a SNES FF2/4 mod that ups difficulty without removing anything(basically FF4 hard mode with US FF2 item placement), really wish there more hacks for the remakes. I think the best I can come up with is lowering character def stats.

abw

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 2 higher diffculty?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 02:23:20 pm »
If it's just higher difficulty you're after and none of the available hacks are what you're looking for, keep in mind that back in the days before ROM hacks existed, people still managed to do their own challenge playthroughs without needing to hack anything, and that is still an option for you today -  you're limited only by your imagination! As examples, choosing to never upgrade your equipment or to fight without equipment at all would definitely make the game more challenging. Have you ever tried a solo-Cecil playthrough? What about a girl-only or boy-only playthrough? How about a no-magic, only-magic, or low-level playthrough? Having Cecil at level 1 deal the killing blow to Zeromus is pretty funny. For pure masochism, only fight enemies when you're afflicted by the tiny/pig/frog statuses, and only with physical attacks.

zippydsmlee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:07:03 am »
If it's just higher difficulty you're after and none of the available hacks are what you're looking for, keep in mind that back in the days before ROM hacks existed, people still managed to do their own challenge playthroughs without needing to hack anything, and that is still an option for you today -  you're limited only by your imagination! As examples, choosing to never upgrade your equipment or to fight without equipment at all would definitely make the game more challenging. Have you ever tried a solo-Cecil playthrough? What about a girl-only or boy-only playthrough? How about a no-magic, only-magic, or low-level playthrough? Having Cecil at level 1 deal the killing blow to Zeromus is pretty funny. For pure masochism, only fight enemies when you're afflicted by the tiny/pig/frog statuses, and only with physical attacks.

Depends I can do that on some games and some games I default to min/maxing and level grinding because I fall back to my normal rhythm without thinking, In dark souls I can do new game plus runs with a starting character since I make all rounders it makes things more interesting, I want to do a 2X npc NG+2 on DS3 LOL

The best thing I figure out is just use cheats to adjust def stats if I halve magic and normal def that should make the game interesting, I almost hate the way they did the remake I wish they gave us that option of US items with hardmode of you do 25% less damage and take 50% more damage.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 10:22:15 am »
You may not consider yourself a hacker, but you should check out FF4kster.
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/914/
Pinkpuff's primary objective in creating it was to make a utility that would allow anybody to edit the game. You don't need any hacking experience. You just need to know what it is you want to change.
If you're going to adjust every monster's stats, or change every character's stat growth, or change the stats of every piece of equipment, it will take a while, but contrasted with using cheats to create a challenge experience, this will enable you to create a challenge that is infinitely repayable.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

zippydsmlee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 02:59:14 am »
You may not consider yourself a hacker, but you should check out FF4kster.
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/914/
Pinkpuff's primary objective in creating it was to make a utility that would allow anybody to edit the game. You don't need any hacking experience. You just need to know what it is you want to change.
If you're going to adjust every monster's stats, or change every character's stat growth, or change the stats of every piece of equipment, it will take a while, but contrasted with using cheats to create a challenge experience, this will enable you to create a challenge that is infinitely repayable.
Thanks that might be what I need.

I can't code my way out of a paper sack, or rather I cna;t even find the paper sack, how I manged to do any with with Uscript is beyond me LOL

Are there any good hacks for DS FF4 remake? I would not mid it so much if it were nto for the dumb skill slot thing where you had to choose a skill or use items as magic.....talk about raping the magic out of FF...FF6 was annoying with the one cast limit too...