News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Coming Soon... Hopefully April 18th  (Read 2791 times)

RetroRain

• View Profile
Coming Soon... Hopefully April 18th
« on: March 19, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »
My next SaveRAM hack, the one I hinted at 3 weeks ago on board2 (http://acmlm.kafuka.org), is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Edition.

Most of the work that has went into this hack thus far, has been mostly prep work.  The TMNT ROM is a real pain in the ass to work with --> bad enough that the actual game itself is a pain in the ass because of its difficulty. :laugh:

But yes, a SaveRAM hack for a game that I felt really needed it badly.

Once this has been released, I'm seriously considering doing a SaveRAM hack of Megaman 3, before getting back to my Super Mario Bros. 2 Two-player hack.

Have fun guys! :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:45:24 pm by Rockman »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon... Hopefully April 1st
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
Awesome. This is a very welcome edition as this game is stupid hard at times (and some times seems to ramp up the difficulty at random?!?). Can't wait to replay this with SRAM.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

RetroRain

• View Profile
Re: Coming Soon... Hopefully April 18th
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 01:45:43 pm »
Last Monday, I got an inspiration for another hack (this one is not a SaveRAM hack), and I went right to work on it.  It will be done very soon.  I'm hoping to have this new hack done by April 1st, and this TMNT hack out by April 18th.

This new hack wasn't even planned.  It just came as an inspiration, and I'm really excited about it.  So yeah, TMNT CE is being pushed back to April 18th.  Sorry for the delay.  I shouldn't give release dates to begin with, but I was pretty confident in the time span it would take, until this new inspired hack came up.  I want to finish this new hack, and then I'll finish TMNT CE.

NesDraug

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:05:00 am »
before getting back to my Super Mario Bros. 2 Two-player hack.

I know it's been a while since you posted this. But it's like the only place on the internet I've seen someone mention this. Did you finish this two-player hack for SMB2? I'm currently modding the SMB1 Two Player Hack to look like Batman and I'd love to see a hack with SMB2 and 3 in co-op mode. I know there is on for Super Mario World.
Hello! You found my shop of strange and wonderful things!
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/nesdraug

#

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 04:30:55 pm »
I know there is on for Super Mario World.
Is it on this site? I didn't see it among the games' hacks (it might have a cryptic name).

I've been trying to find some of these multiplayer hacks, but they can be hard to find. There's one for the original NES Tetris called Tetris Zero. Not a title that clearly states its purpose.

EDIT: I found it: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=73559
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:55:37 pm by # »

RaidouJFlo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:23 am »
Awesome. This is a very welcome edition as this game is stupid hard at times (and some times seems to ramp up the difficulty at random?!?). Can't wait to replay this with SRAM.

git gud

theNightStar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 02:47:03 am »
git gud

Nah. If the game itself wasn't going to 'get good', than why should I?

It is a terrible game with purely awful level design. I will go to my grave strongly believing this.