News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Shadowrun reborns from the Matrix  (Read 393 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Shadowrun reborns from the Matrix
« on: December 02, 2018, 06:29:07 am »

Update By: vikfield

Did you like fantasy games, RPGs or Cyberpunk fiction? If that so, you probably remember Shadowrun from the Sega Genesis. This new update improves a lot of things in the game, from items modification to characters improvements and more. The whole hack is based on the original Shadowrun first edition rules from the PnP game. So if you are a fan from this franchise or are looking for a good RPG, you must need to try this one!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Shadowrun reborns from the Matrix
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:31:23 am »
Congrats for completing this project. Indeed they're so little hacks dedicated to this game.

This one deserves more love. I mean if you get past the graphics and the (relatively) basic soundtrack you have some surprisingly deep rpg mechanics for the era, especially when compared to Shadowrun SNES (which I like very much too).

And you know that's precisely the problem: Shadowrun Genesis is too often compared to it's SNES counter-part without judging the game on it's own merits.You see! I somehow just did. *facepalm*

Finally on this subject, i feel this game deserves a better soundtrack. But maybe new musics are beyond the scope of your project? Just felt the need to ask or give hackers ideas maybe. ^^ Anyways thanks again for making Shadowrun Genesis a better experience, Vikfield! :)
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Shadowrun reborns from the Matrix
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:01:15 am »
I seem to remember your topic for this project. You provided me with a demo or beta of this hack. Regrettably I didn't play much of it and never offered any feedback. Apologies for that. I spent so many years away from the game, when I tried to get back into it I just couldn't. I guess my brain needs to get reacquainted with it. It's cool that you finished it, well done.